Sugar and schizy

vanish

vanish

My old my nurse used to believe that there was a strong connection between high sugar intake and inflammatory disease. She had been a participant in a lot of studies for research as she has MS. She told me that new research out of my country is trying to prove schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder are also being looked at as types of inflammatory diseases and therefore should watch my sugar intake not for diabetes but for psychosis. Has anyone heard similar or is this just bullshit research? Thoughts?

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

I've read about the inflamitory theory. In a newer book I read about schizophrenia, it said that a study was done where they gave people with schizophrenia 1000 mg of aspirin a day also with medication to help protect their stomachs, and it had better results in reducing psychotic symptoms than in the control subjects. Aspirin is an anti inflamatory drug. I've been doing a lot of physical work lately which caused me to be very sore so I've been taking ibuprofen, and I think I feel better taking the ibuprofen physically and mentally.

J

Jules5

My old my nurse used to believe that there was a strong connection between high sugar intake and inflammatory disease. She had been a participant in a lot of studies for research as she has MS. She told me that new research out of my country is trying to prove schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder are also being looked at as types of inflammatory diseases and therefore should watch my sugar intake not for diabetes but for psychosis. Has anyone heard similar or is this just bullshit research? Thoughts?
I do not feel Schizoaffective disorder is blatant-It is real and sugarsmay affect us but they sure do not effect the normanies out there. Like my roommate inhales sugary stuff-and he is as happy as a new father. Sings around house all the time.

J

Jules5

Sugars efeect our medication intakes and levels so Yes we need to stay away from sugars.