• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Sugar addiction

A

Afekt

I had an eating disorder for more than a half of my life. First it was starving myself for 4 years and then after the 'recovery' I went from not eating to extreme hunger that now lasts for two years and counting. I'm so tired. All i think about is food. No one believes me that I can't stop. I eat more than 4 times my twin brother eats a day. I gained 20kg since my lowest weight. I hate myself. I just don't think that I will ever have a healthy relationship with food. I can't go without at least two chocolates a day. If I could I would inject myself with sugar or inhale it. I feel sick every day. I want to start purging. I just can't stop, I tried, I just can't focus on anything else. Can someone help me please, I can't pay for a professional to help me. I feel like I'm dying

jajingna

jajingna

Maybe you can find some videos on youtube or articles online for dealing with this. A gradual approach might work for cutting down the sweet stuff a little at a time, perhaps replacing some of the unhealthy stuff with fruits or something else.

A

Angxx

I've been dealing with similar problems for a while I have not found a solution but there are some things that make me binge less often. First of, stop feeling guilty, you need to put this thought in the back of your head as best you can, the more you think about it the worse it gets. Exercise and do things that make you happy, try buying or telling your family to buy less chocolate and unhealthy foods. This will make you eat less of it without even realizing and won't force you to restrict yourself. Try finding things that satisfy your cravings like sorbet, frozen yogurt, dark chocolate etc.

M

Melchy

Sounds to me as if you’re almost setting up a crash site for you to aim for.

You eat more of what’s high in calories in order to justify an eventual hypothesis of ‘look, I tried being ‘normal’ but normal doesn’t work for me, therefore I need to resort to drastic action’. Vis-a-vis purging.

What to do? Perhaps consider what’s considered a healthy diet. Latch on to somebody who has a healthy diet/weight without resorting to dysfunctional ‘tools’ and then emulate them.

G

goodgollymiss

If you are missing a vitamin you will always be hungry. What about having one meal replacement vitamin drink a day. There may be powdered forms of it

G

goodgollymiss

Like carnation instant breakfast