Suffering from Paranoia

J

Joshuabe3

I guess this is a start for me before I seek advice. But I suffer from constantly being paranoid.

The main issue is I feel like everyone is talking and laughing behind my back.
Also that my Girlfriend cheated on my early this year.
As her mental
Heath wasn’t good. She went onto something. But now she’s came
Off them because she doesn’t want to rely on tablets...

This is sparking my paranoia and makes me
Worried that she is going to do it again. But deep down I know she won’t. But my
Paranoia gets the best of me and makes me worried that she will.
So when she’s alone in the house I’m constantly worried that someone is there.
Or if she doesn’t reply to me within a couple
Of hours this sparks it but I’ve seen her online so why doesn’t she read my message?

I’ve tried speaking to her about it, she doesn’t understand and just says there’s no trust..... there is but she isn’t understanding my head.

I feel like when I work colleagues talk about me and laugh at me because I have dyspraxia as some words I can’t pronounce.

This puts my self Confidence down big time.

elliepaige20

elliepaige20

I guess this is a start for me before I seek advice. But I suffer from constantly being paranoid.

The main issue is I feel like everyone is talking and laughing behind my back.
Also that my Girlfriend cheated on my early this year.
As her mental
Heath wasn’t good. She went onto something. But now she’s came
Off them because she doesn’t want to rely on tablets...

This is sparking my paranoia and makes me
Worried that she is going to do it again. But deep down I know she won’t. But my
Paranoia gets the best of me and makes me worried that she will.
So when she’s alone in the house I’m constantly worried that someone is there.
Or if she doesn’t reply to me within a couple
Of hours this sparks it but I’ve seen her online so why doesn’t she read my message?

I’ve tried speaking to her about it, she doesn’t understand and just says there’s no trust..... there is but she isn’t understanding my head.

I feel like when I work colleagues talk about me and laugh at me because I have dyspraxia as some words I can’t pronounce.

This puts my self Confidence down big time.
Hi there,

I'm sorry that you're experiencing this. I've suffered from severe trust issues this year mainly due to my boyfriend at the time cheating on me with my best friend, so it was like a double-betrayal. Since then, I've been pretty paranoid that people in my life have ill intentions or are out to hurt me in some way. As hard as it is, sometimes moving on from that person is the best thing we can do, especially when they're not considering our feelings and turning it around on us. However, I can definitely understand loving that person and wanting things to work, but sometimes it can just be a lost cause. I would definitely recommend chatting with a counsellor as this has helped me a lot. Since my relationship ended, I've made some incredible friends who I've had a hard time trusting, but am slowly getting better.

As for people talking/laughing behind your back, the way I tend to look at things is that those people have their own lives, their own things to worry about etc and so they're probably not taking any notice of you. Your confidence will definitely be knocked by past bad experiences, and it can be extremely hard to move on from. I find that writing down my feelings of anxiety and paranoia definitely help too, especially when I read the words back to myself. I hope what I've said helps in some way. Best of luck to you xx

J

Joshuabe3

Hi there,

I'm sorry that you're experiencing this. I've suffered from severe trust issues this year mainly due to my boyfriend at the time cheating on me with my best friend, so it was like a double-betrayal. Since then, I've been pretty paranoid that people in my life have ill intentions or are out to hurt me in some way. As hard as it is, sometimes moving on from that person is the best thing we can do, especially when they're not considering our feelings and turning it around on us. However, I can definitely understand loving that person and wanting things to work, but sometimes it can just be a lost cause. I would definitely recommend chatting with a counsellor as this has helped me a lot. Since my relationship ended, I've made some incredible friends who I've had a hard time trusting, but am slowly getting better.

As for people talking/laughing behind your back, the way I tend to look at things is that those people have their own lives, their own things to worry about etc and so they're probably not taking any notice of you. Your confidence will definitely be knocked by past bad experiences, and it can be extremely hard to move on from. I find that writing down my feelings of anxiety and paranoia definitely help too, especially when I read the words back to myself. I hope what I've said helps in some way. Best of luck to you xx
I broke up with my ex which most of my friends took her side of the story as I wanted space. (I broke up with her because I didn’t have any feelings any more and that I fell
For the girl I’m with now)

But since she cheated I’m constantly paranoids she told me recently her head isn’t good so she wants space. So that’s what I’m doing. But I’m worried someone is round maybe her ex? As she lied to me before, so how will I know I can fully trust her again.

Since my close friends choose her side I’ve got trust issues and being cheated on didn’t help. I was going to end it but she broke down and my kindness of my heart, I forgive her and helped her. So she got put on medication which helped her but she just went off them. Now I don’t know what’s going on. Feels like I’m on the side lines just waiting

elliepaige20

elliepaige20

I broke up with my ex which most of my friends took her side of the story as I wanted space. (I broke up with her because I didn’t have any feelings any more and that I fell
For the girl I’m with now)

But since she cheated I’m constantly paranoids she told me recently her head isn’t good so she wants space. So that’s what I’m doing. But I’m worried someone is round maybe her ex? As she lied to me before, so how will I know I can fully trust her again.

Since my close friends choose her side I’ve got trust issues and being cheated on didn’t help. I was going to end it but she broke down and my kindness of my heart, I forgive her and helped her. So she got put on medication which helped her but she just went off them. Now I don’t know what’s going on. Feels like I’m on the side lines just waiting
It's definitely a lot harder when you feel like no one's on your side. Have you been able to speak to any family about this? Maybe they can offer some insight? Sometimes the more forgiving people attract dishonest people whether we intend to or not. Trust issues are so difficult to overcome especially when you've been burned before. Now that you've taken the time to help this person get where they need to be, I think it's safe to say that it's time to start thinking about what you really need and how to start progressing towards a happier mindset. It's a long process, but hang in there and I'm sure things will turn out alright xx