• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

suffering from intrusive thoughts

S

solstice1994

hello everyone. i hope i can get a little warmth here...ive been suffering from intrusive thoughts and this scares me a lot and i just want someone to like be able to get me without judgement because im really disgusted with myself...im so afraid and im just devastated.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Welcome to the forums, solstice! We are a friendly and thoughtful crew and we are glad that you found us. Most of the folks that come here with intrusive thoughts post in the Obsessive Compulsive Disorders forum. You can find this by clicking on the Forums tab then scrolling down. Posting there increases the chance of finding peers with similar experiences to support you here. Hope you enjoy! xo, j

S

solstice1994

Welcome to the forums, solstice! We are a friendly and thoughtful crew and we are glad that you found us. Most of the folks that come here with intrusive thoughts post in the Obsessive Compulsive Disorders forum. You can find this by clicking on the Forums tab then scrolling down. Posting there increases the chance of finding peers with similar experiences to support you here. Hope you enjoy! xo, j
thank you so much for this :))

A

Andyrooo1234

hello everyone. i hope i can get a little warmth here...ive been suffering from intrusive thoughts and this scares me a lot and i just want someone to like be able to get me without judgement because im really disgusted with myself...im so afraid and im just devastated.
Hey I believe Clomipramine could help with this

DuckyDuckman

DuckyDuckman

I, too, suffer from intrusive thoughts, obsessions and cannot stop ruminating. Try and focus on the present moment and maybe try mindfulness. Easier said than done - especially for those of us who also have other mental health problems.

A

Andyrooo1234

I, too, suffer from intrusive thoughts, obsessions and cannot stop ruminating. Try and focus on the present moment and maybe try mindfulness. Easier said than done - especially for those of us who also have other mental health problems.

You currently taking any meds and do they work?

DuckyDuckman

DuckyDuckman

As I have also suffered from severe depression, chronic anxiety and OCD most of my life, I have tried most meds and, sadly, none works. I also have complicated grief, having lost my only son in December 2010, and definitely nothing helps that. Being a Buddhist explains things, but doesn't help them.

A

Andyrooo1234

As I have also suffered from severe depression, chronic anxiety and OCD most of my life, I have tried most meds and, sadly, none works. I also have complicated grief, having lost my only son in December 2010, and definitely nothing helps that. Being a Buddhist explains things, but doesn't help them.
Sorry to hear about your son. What meds have you tried?