• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Suffering from anxiety

J

Julie41

Still suffering with constant anxiety 😢
My body constantly feels as though my adrenaline has taken over it
Scared on edge, shaky feeling as though it’s losing control
Trying to keep busy but finding the enthusiasm and energy is getting harder - totally exhausted always tired - not sleeping well - when l do sleep l dream and end up waking up really sweating
Trying To stay positive but it’s really got me down today - feel depression has crept in to attach itself to my awful anxiety
I am on Citalopram which was increased in feb this year- I’ve had CBT counselling which helps when I’m not too bad - but the last few days have now taken its toll and nothing is working
How do you all with these problems get through your day ????
I’m always tense in my muscles
Just need some peace to rest
Is it wrong to just wanna be in bed ????

B

bpd2020

I can understand the feeling of wanting to stay in bed. It feels safe and comforting there. Have you thought about going back to your GP? It could be a different medication may be more effective for you.

J

Julie41

I can understand the feeling of wanting to stay in bed. It feels safe and comforting there. Have you thought about going back to your GP? It could be a different medication may be more effective for you.
I’m so scared of changing meds - been anxious for the past 30 years on & off but never this bad - was really bad in feb ( I thought I had gone mad) after a death in the family and still Struggling on & off

J

Julie41

I’m so scared of changing meds - been anxious for the past 30 years on & off but never this bad - was really bad in feb ( I thought I had gone mad) after a death in the family and still Struggling on & off
I’m fed up of putting a brave face on to everybody while I’m suffering & wanting to run & hide

B

bpd2020

If you have lost somebody then maybe you are still grieving? It is so hard to pretend to be happy. Have you told the people in your life how you are feeling? I imagine having their support would help.

J

Julie41

If you have lost somebody then maybe you are still grieving? It is so hard to pretend to be happy. Have you told the people in your life how you are feeling? I imagine having their support would help.
Yes my family know - but some are quite harsh and tell me to just get on
with it
My husband is supportive but obviously doesn’t understand what I’m going through & finds it difficult to know what to say - I just wanna be happy & have some good days Without anxiety’s- I know it’s all down to me But sometimes it’s all too much & a constant battle
Do other people suffer as badly x

B

bpd2020

I am really sorry you have been told to get on with things. It is such an unhelpful thing to say and impossible to do when anxious. Yes, other people do suffer too. Please do not think you are alone. I am wondering if a different kind of therapy would be helpful. CBT is very practical but does not look at the root of things.

J

Julie41

Yes my family know - but some are quite harsh and tell me to just get on
with it
My husband is supportive but obviously doesn’t understand what I’m going through & finds it difficult to know what to say - I just wanna be happy & have some good days Without anxiety’s- I know it’s all down to me But sometimes it’s all too much x

J

Johntron9999

I can help u because I've had the same problem. Day in and out constant adrenaline and feelings like I'll pass out from it... Severe anxiety. I never gave this a chance but breathing! I tried it a half azz attempt and said it's not for me but I tried it again and it Does work. It shifts off ur flight or fight and the amygdala can come down and ur breathing will be normal and u will be fine. Breathe in for 4 seconds fill it belly not chest. Hold for 4 seconds than slowly breathe out for about 6 or 7 seconds. You have to do it atleast 10 times and it deffiniley helps out I swear. I'm pretty stubborn and fed up with anxiety but I was completely wrong and this really helps. As well protein in the morning and low carbs unless there vegetables. Low sugar and no refined foods really stop the adrenaline and panic

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi @Julie41,

Have you ever been on meds for anxiety?
My battle with anxiety ended one month after being on Lexapro. It’s been a blessing. Going into 1.5 years since I’ve started.

I hope you feel better soon.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Thank you
Yes my meds were increased in feb 2020 Citalopram
There’s a DNA test especially taken to know which medicine could be compatible with your body and which ones that may cause you problems and side effects. You can ask your doctor about if your current medication isn’t helping.

I

Italia2020

Thank you
Yes my meds were increased in feb 2020 Citalopram
I know what ur going through. Maybe your celexa stopped working. Celexa was awesome when it did work. I have severe panic, anxiety, and depression. That happened to me last year. Still suffering and have not found anything that works yet been on so many different meds since then And nothing has worked. But maybe all you need is to change your med and you might feel better. My situation is different I seem to be med resistant but I’m still going to keep trying until I find the right one because I can’t live in constant hell anymore. I also did the genetic test that was a bunch of bull.

DMARXX

DMARXX

I'm feeling the same way. Constant feeling of dread. Always nervous. Feeling edgy and can't sleep. To me it's worse when I lie down. It feels as if I'm suffocating and my head is on fire. I've had numerous sleepless nights and I'm really scared. I m not on meds but I am considering it if this continues. Hope you feel better. Know you're not alone.