• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Sufferer Of Complex PTSD

_Survivor_

From childhood to the age of 14 I had never dealt with any mental health issues other than some mild anxiety if I had a test or something like that. This all change for me on July 18, 2015 when I was kidnapped and held for almost 4 years and forced into a life of sex trafficking. I will not go into the horrors and the sexual, physical, and emotional abuse I endured daily for this time, but I will say that the two individuals that held me captive for those years are in jail now. The sad thing is all the people who engaged and paid for my sexual services still walk free. On June 24, 2019 while I was being transported to a job someone(who I later met) recognized me from the local news and reported it to the authorities. Once I arrived at the place I was to work that evening the police swarmed the van and captured one of the people who have held me captive all that time. I did not know at the time, but the other individual had already been captured back at the place I was held at. All I remember is how quickly everything happened and the next thing I knew I was in the arms of a female officer crying and she was telling me over and over that I was safe now and it was all over. Well I was safe, but it was not close to being over. To this day I still feel imprisoned by the nightmares/terrors I have, the constant thoughts of all the horrible things that occurred to me. I also had to endure two trials and even though they both got locked up in jail, it was an awful experience. Now I deal with severe mental health issues daily. Am on medications and see a Therapist weekly. I am afraid to leave the house unless at least one of my parents are with me and I am unable to be left alone at home. So I am 21 years old and when my parents do need a break from all this which they rarely take, I have a sitter who is a trusted neighbor. So as you see my life is still imprisoned by all of this. I did survive this and I advocate all I can against Human Sex Trafficking. No one should have to go through this living hell.

Racer

Racer

i am so glad you found this forum, it has helped me so much in the last 3 months. nice to have you here

Bod

Bod

I truly am so sorry for what these evil and depraved people put you through for so long and sadly you are still in that prison in your mind, I do hope that the therapy really does help you. Many here will understand the CPTSD and going through that as for me I was sexually abused from 10 yrs old to 16 everyday at school, then by my uncle and then everyday by a another man. Then my mental health journey began to the pits of hell for me until I got the help when I turned 40, and the mental health charity and therapist saved my life and I thank them from the bottom of my heart today for WHO and what I am.

F

Fairy Chihiro

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am so sorry you went through all of that. I am very very sorry. I hope you will be able to find happiness and be able to heal. I hope therapy will help you.

_Survivor_

i am so glad you found this forum, it has helped me so much in the last 3 months. nice to have you here
I am really glad I have found it as well. I am glad my Therapist recommended something like this.

I truly am so sorry for what these evil and depraved people put you through for so long and sadly you are still in that prison in your mind, I do hope that the therapy really does help you. Many here will understand the CPTSD and going through that as for me I was sexually abused from 10 yrs old to 16 everyday at school, then by my uncle and then everyday by a another man. Then my mental health journey began to the pits of hell for me until I got the help when I turned 40, and the mental health charity and therapist saved my life and I thank them from the bottom of my heart today for WHO and what I am.
Thank You for this. I am sorry you went through all of that. No one should be put through so much torture. What I truly don't understand is the thinking process of the people who do this. The two people(in my case one was a male). He was the one who initially kidnapped me and the one who would transport me to the everyday jobs I would have. Then there was the women who was actually worse then him. She was the one who did all the emotional and physical abuse on me. Neither of my captures ever sexually abused. That was done by the many people who bought me for those services and to be used for that. The two who held me captive just collected the money.
I am so sorry you went through all of that. I am very very sorry. I hope you will be able to find happiness and be able to heal. I hope therapy will help you.
Thank You, I do feel the support from peers will be a source of healing.

24thMAU

24thMAU

I'm a retired police officer. I did quite alot of enforcement of prostitution and sex trafficking. Most people think it is a victimless crime and it is not; as you can see. It is very much underreported and investigated.

Things are bad now. I cannot begin to understand what you are going through. However, I'd like to say this from my perspective: When you are ready, if you are ready, you need to come forward with your story to the general public. Spotlights need to be shown on people like you and the devastation this causes.

It also may help you deal with the issues by helping others. Good luck to you and know alot of us are thinking about you and are in your corner.