• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Suddenly not feeling well.

HLon99

HLon99

And I was doing so well.

I don't know whats wrong with me. I'm not depressed, I'm not manic. I just feel strange. I can't think straight, I can't talk properly, I feel agitated. I don't know how to describe it, but the last time I felt this way my psychosis happened.

Hello513

Hello513

And I was doing so well.

I don't know whats wrong with me. I'm not depressed, I'm not manic. I just feel strange. I can't think straight, I can't talk properly, I feel agitated. I don't know how to describe it, but the last time I felt this way my psychosis happened.
While I cannot say I understand I frequently have states I cannot quite describe. Lately I have been stable for quite sometime, but I don't feel happiness. I am not neccesarily depressed, but given my improving situation in life I should feel happy. Yet I don't I just feel kind of like blah here I am lets get on with it sort of thing. If that makes any sense at all.

Murasakibee

Murasakibee

I'm sorry you are feeling so terrible. Maybe since you know what might be coming it won't be so bad this time. I hope so.
I wish you well and that you feel better fast.

K

keith74

And I was doing so well.

HLon99, you have been so helpful for me with your great advice that I wish I knew what to say to you to help you through this. Maybe it is a good idea to talk to your therapist? In any case, I hope you do things that make you feel good and calm so that you feel better.

HLon99

HLon99

Update: Doubled up on my Aripiprazole. Seems to have helped, no more paranoid thoughts, but still feel a little bit on edge. This is the first time this type of thing has happened in 6 months. I thought I was making real progress and that I had left all of that behind. I feel very disappointed, because I was just starting to get my life back together. I reapplied to uni, started studying again, exercising, taking care of myself. I really hope this is a one off, but I'm afraid that if this type of thing keeps happening, Its really going to put a spanner in the works in terms of recovery and getting my life back on track.

JessisMe

JessisMe

While I cannot say I understand I frequently have states I cannot quite describe. Lately I have been stable for quite sometime, but I don't feel happiness. I am not neccesarily depressed, but given my improving situation in life I should feel happy. Yet I don't I just feel kind of like blah here I am lets get on with it sort of thing. If that makes any sense at all.
Yes things that usually make me happy just feel like a struggle lately. I know how you feel.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Update: Doubled up on my Aripiprazole. Seems to have helped, no more paranoid thoughts, but still feel a little bit on edge. This is the first time this type of thing has happened in 6 months. I thought I was making real progress and that I had left all of that behind. I feel very disappointed, because I was just starting to get my life back together. I reapplied to uni, started studying again, exercising, taking care of myself. I really hope this is a one off, but I'm afraid that if this type of thing keeps happening, Its really going to put a spanner in the works in terms of recovery and getting my life back on track.
I’m really sorry to hear that you have had a setback with your health. It sounds like you know yourself very well and know what to do to help the situation some. Maybe you have caught this early enough that it won’t sidetrack your studies much. Will you be checking in with your psychiatrist? Please do keep checking in with us to let us know how things go. xo, j

HLon99

HLon99

I’m really sorry to hear that you have had a setback with your health. It sounds like you know yourself very well and know what to do to help the situation some. Maybe you have caught this early enough that it won’t sidetrack your studies much. Will you be checking in with your psychiatrist? Please do keep checking in with us to let us know how things go. xo, j
Thank you for your kind words jess. I certainly hope I am doing the right thing. During my last appointment, she felt like I had made enough progress to split my antipsychotic in half, and I've been doing that for 2-3 months now and thats been fine until last night. I think I might go back to taking the full dose. My next appointment with my pdoc is in a month, so I hope I can survive by then. The only other option would be to go to the emergency department but they don't really do anything unless you are in crisis.

HLon99

HLon99

HLon99, you have been so helpful for me with your great advice that I wish I knew what to say to you to help you through this. Maybe it is a good idea to talk to your therapist? In any case, I hope you do things that make you feel good and calm so that you feel better.
I'm glad that I could help. Unfortunately, I do not have a therapist right now because of Covid. I have a psychiatrist, but I won't be able to see her for another month. Unfortunately, I have been under a lot of stress recently, working on my uni applications and my dad has been putting me under a lot of pressure. He's an incredibly lazy man and pretty much leaves all the housework on me as well as treats me as an unpaid personal assistant. I've been trying to manage my stress levels and exercising regularly, but I'm still struggling

K

keith74

Perhaps you can find one online? When everything with my wife happened, I found a therapist online and had an appointment booked in a few days.

Anyway, I'd totally take some time off to just chill out and do things that make you feel relaxed and good (veg-ing out to some relaxing tunes? Some fun movie?). Take some time off those applications. And tell you dad that you can't help him with housework right now. That was one of my wife's grievances. She would typically help her parents with various things like paying bills. Normally she is ok with it but right now she is not feeling well so she told her parents sternly that she is not doing it. I thought that was fair and you should be able to do that too. I think you need some total chill time.

G

goodgollymiss

Maybe you could listen to music when doing housework or ask for more time to do it

HLon99

HLon99

Update: Had to cancel on seeing a friend today, because I didn't feel up to it. Took some down time instead. Feeling a little bit more stable, but still not out of the woods yet. I'm having trouble concentrating on work today, and can't string my thoughts together. I'm also supposed to be going away for the weekend to see some mates from out of town. I was hoping to finish my application by then, but that doesn't seem likely now. Hopefully I won't have to cancel on them too.

K

keith74

If your mates will make you feel better, then I say ditch the application and hang out with your mates. But don't feel bad cancelling on them if you just need to focus on yourself. That is #1.