• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Success guilt and failure anxiety.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

This is how I am feeling.

I now feel I have something to lose and I am not used to that.

I know there are so many folk worse off than me - why should I talk?

Hello513

Hello513

My billion dollar high tech malibu mansion
This is how I am feeling.

I now feel I have something to lose and I am not used to that.

I know there are so many folk worse off than me - why should I talk?

I was taught something in my partial hospitilization program feelings do not need to be validated. They are just how we feel, we don't need to validate these feelings to ourselves or anyone.

I have improved a lot in a short time adopting this attitude.

We also need to stop with the negative self talk like looking to another source to validate our existence.

We feel and think the way we feel.

The day we stop trying to seek validation for those things is the day it can become easier to cope and forgive onself.

For me I always sought validation from others, and I could never actually express myself genuinely due to this

Of course the voice in my head which holds me back is a symptom of this. It acts like I need its damn validation, and of course this is just a symptom of my need for validation from others which I freqently don't get.

For me the root cause is bassically daddy issues. No problem that cannot be solved with a belt, never good enough for him, and that whole going to all in on tough love garbage.

I feel much better after letting all that garbage go.