• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

(submission letter) pip tribunal

M

macatac61

After being on a lifetime dla award, i changed to pip a good few yrs ago. When i transferred from dla to pip i was awarded enhanced rate for daily living, and my award for mobility was stopped. I had a pip assessment in sept 2018 and the decision was to end my pip completely. I asked for a mandatory reconsideration, and the outcome was, not entitled to daily living, but was awarded enhanced rate for mobility. The award was until may 2020, but i was reassessed early, and my mobility was reduced to standard rate from January 2020 still no award for daily living. I asked for a mandatory reconsideration and this didnt make any difference, i then asked for the decision to go to tribunal. I have a date in November for a tribunal by telephone. The advice shop who is helping me with my appeal. They have all my GP and Hospital records going back to the 1990's. The benefit advice shop have sent me a copy of the submission letter they have sent to the tribunal, but there is a part that i do not fully understand, could you explain for me in plain english? The paragraph is...."The decision in front of the panel today is not just to look at the present award, but also a previous award that is to be superseded dated 03/09/2018". When i lost my daily living award in 2018 my partner and i also lost our SDP, worth around £150 per week, we got this due to us both having been in receipt of daily living component with both of us being on pip.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hi welcome x i believe 60 per cent of decisions are overturned and successful at tribunal
sorry but im not sure what the letter means
hope someone on here can help
good luck with the appeal ,please let us know how you get on x Lu x

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
they're asking the tribunal to look at the award that was superceded, in efffect the one that you asked for a mandatory reconsideration, in fact thats what i think they're questioning that as well

i'd like to appeal the decision to not award me mobility particularly as i have problems on public transport and that a court said should be included, unfortunately i got 13 points support and the enhanced support is 12 so do i want to risk that particularly as i don't have representation i can rely on for say the year an appeal could take