• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

studying instead of self harming?

F

failedvibecheck

so I was thinking about how since nowadays I seem to sh mostly as a way to punish myself, instead of sh I could try studying? it sounds dumb but I absolutely despise math and I thought maybe I could get the same release through that without hurting myself plus I get good results! I don’t know how effective this would really be though because last time I tried smth similar to this I ended up just ruining my book with my tears lol

A

aisha23

so I was thinking about how since nowadays I seem to sh mostly as a way to punish myself, instead of sh I could try studying? it sounds dumb but I absolutely despise math and I thought maybe I could get the same release through that without hurting myself plus I get good results! I don’t know how effective this would really be though because last time I tried smth similar to this I ended up just ruining my book with my tears lol

good luck!

I think if it were me trying this it wouldn't work that well

I hate focus, and I hate studying- study requires focus, so.

ooh: I'm another who hates math

especially algebra and fractions

I am okay on times tables though

E

EstherRose94

What about like working out, running? I hate running so to me that sounds like a “punishment” lol. But it’ll also release some adrenaline.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Well done for distracting yourself, hope it's effective for you.

CatLord

CatLord

I like the idea, not only will you distract yourself but also grow another interest hopefully. I find math cool, it's sometimes fun if you're not hard on yourself :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Self Harm Forum 23