Student loan discharge papers

G

Gaitlinhill

My Dr filled out student loan discharge papers she put see notes for social interactions can this hurt my chances of getting approved

G

Gaitlinhill

Thanks dr put can't remember,can't understand simple instructions,can't concentrate ,can't keep pace or workload for activities of daily living and residual function moderate mood disorder for disorder and strength and see notes for social limitations should I have good chance being approved disability discharge happy easter

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi @Gaitlinhill and welcome to the forum.

What they are looking for is how long you’ve had debilitating health issues and how long your doctor think you are going to have those issues.

If your mental health issues are going to persist for more than 5 years, you are guaranteed a full loan discharge.

I just turned in my doctor’s evaluation form. It’s in review right now and they already stopped requesting payments.

What you’ve mentioned about what your doctor has written is very serious and I think it’s more likely accepted as a legitimate reasons to have all your loans discharged.

Good luck to you.

L

Lilac

Hi @Gaitlinhill and welcome to the forum.

What they are looking for is how long you’ve had debilitating health issues and how long your doctor think you are going to have those issues.

If your mental health issues are going to persist for more than 5 years, you are guaranteed a full loan discharge.

I just turned in my doctor’s evaluation form. It’s in review right now and they already stopped requesting payments.

What you’ve mentioned about what your doctor has written is very serious and I think it’s more likely accepted as a legitimate reasons to have all your loans discharged.

Good luck to you.
Is there a general timeframe docs think people will have issues for?

G

Gaitlinhill

When they stop making payment requests do u go into forbearance? Mine went into forbearance for like 3 years does this mean I lost. Also going to send in rfc and daily activities form to help

G

Gaitlinhill

I also got dla and rfc form to send in to help.does calling and checking on status hurt chances of being approved

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Is there a general timeframe docs think people will have issues for?
That’s what they say. It’s like an evaluation guideline. The same excuse used by Social Security. They keep checking on recipients every 3 years or 5 years.

G

Gaitlinhill

I took pictures of some of medical files to go along with see notes do these help

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

When they stop making payment requests do u go into forbearance? Mine went into forbearance for like 3 years does this mean I lost. Also going to send in rfc and daily activities form to help
Yes, that’s correct. It goes into forbearance. It doesn’t mean your lost. When you get approved, they’ll keep monitoring your taxes and if you made any taxable income in those 3 years. After that period, all loans are dropped and they stop bothering.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

I also got dla and rfc form to send in to help.does calling and checking on status hurt chances of being approved
I don’t think calling them will hurt your chance. Call and check if all your loans are discharged. Then you can just wait to send you a form to see sign, I think every 6 months or a year.

M

Marie07

Thanks dr put can't remember,can't understand simple instructions,can't concentrate ,can't keep pace or workload for activities of daily living and residual function moderate mood disorder for disorder and strength and see notes for social limitations should I have good chance being approved disability discharge happy easter
My student loans were discharged. If u were fine when u were going to school and using the loans and now you are not fine and can not get a job u should be fine. It's a process. Best of luck.
Disability discharge they have forms on the loans website to be filled out.

G

Gaitlinhill

I sent in some of my medical records received on 15th on email by my mental health nurse practitioner and therapist.should the fact they were sent in or blurry cause me to be denied ?

M

Marie07

I'm in the United States not sure about you, but yes, it's hard to get a discharge. I'd do everything's how they want it. Did u print out their forms etc after u wait on the decision... then u get put on a three year watch. Only can work a few hours a month or none etc
Hope that helped some.
Have everything done on the discharge papers.

M

Marie07

I sent in some of my medical records received on 15th on email by my mental health nurse practitioner and therapist.should the fact they were sent in or blurry cause me to be denied ?
I uploaded some paper work too for mine. If they don't like what u sent they will tell ya. Call and ask if they have received the paper work and what else u need to do. That's what I did just to make sure I did everything correctly. Everyone I talked to were always nice need made me feel less than. It's a long process but not a super bad one.
Just stay on it, they aren't gonna call u. Its ur ue job. Smiles.

M

Marie07

I don’t think calling them will hurt your chance. Call and check if all your loans are discharged. Then you can just wait to send you a form to see sign, I think every 6 months or a year.
No call them make sure u don't get lost in the shuffle it's a process and it's your job to make sure everything is handled. Good luck.