Stuck with depression

A

AnthonyCF

Hello all,

Just joined up. So Ive been struggling with depression like symptoms since last October time. 2017 was a nightmare, I had to give up my home and job in london to come back and be carer for my parents, 4 weeks after that mum died... dad was ready to just fall apart so I had to keep up the brave front so he would be ok. Then in October my mood just dropped, feel so drained and worthless.

Ive had a course of meds which helped lift me a bit but I dont want to become dependent on them. I just want to stopped feeling so drained all the time.

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

Hi welcome to the forum. You have had a tough time, so sorry you lost your mum died . Just wondering if you have had physical causes ruled out eg thyroid. Also have you considered counselling, it may help to have someone to talk to, and you have here too

A

AnthonyCF

Hi,

Had blood tests but they came back as clear. Doctor said at the time that it was part of the grieving process and everybody goes through it in a different way. Odd thing is when I go out to my part time job my outlook is different, Im upbeat, chatty and focused....

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

Maybe counselling could help. I dont know. Like you say with your job you are probably just focused on doing that so are able to shut it all out for a bit. If you are not improving I would go back to the doctor

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Depression Forum 1
Solitude1 Depression Forum 12
N Depression Forum 11
Firefly94 Depression Forum 4
HumanPerson Depression Forum 1