Stuck.Hopeless.Unmotivated.

S

Sadness_choi

Hey all,

New to forum wanted to share my feelings and thoughts in hopes of gaining some insight. I have anxiety, panic attacks with random bouts of depression and my husband has some anxiety too. We met in a place with warmer temperatures and lots of things to do. We then moved somewhere much colder with less to do, therefore get stuck in a rut - same routine, work, watch TV, eat junk food, sleep. We have both gained weight and don't know how to get out of the rut or make a change. We want to move somewhere warmer with access to more outdoor activities, but are afraid of the unknown and we make good money now. So we would be risking making way less leaving here too. We have tried gym memberships - we went once. WE ARE SPIRALING around and around - please help? We are 29 and 30. Thank you.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

Hey all,

New to forum wanted to share my feelings and thoughts in hopes of gaining some insight. I have anxiety, panic attacks with random bouts of depression and my husband has some anxiety too. We met in a place with warmer temperatures and lots of things to do. We then moved somewhere much colder with less to do, therefore get stuck in a rut - same routine, work, watch TV, eat junk food, sleep. We have both gained weight and don't know how to get out of the rut or make a change. We want to move somewhere warmer with access to more outdoor activities, but are afraid of the unknown and we make good money now. So we would be risking making way less leaving here too. We have tried gym memberships - we went once. WE ARE SPIRALING around and around - please help? We are 29 and 30. Thank you.
Hi and thanks for sharing

sorry youre feeling so rough

suggest perhaps there's too much We and not enough I in your life?

I need to go to the gym, I need to get my shoes on and Eat Healthy.

That right there is a Huge Challenge for anyone. Doing it in tandem can only make things worse - like you're attempting to dance Swan Lake when you're really just up to Polka.

If your husband sees YOU doing it, he will be inspired, and vice versa. Otherwise you end up in a cycle of Not Doing What You Need to Do.

Maybe think a bit broader about an activity you can both enjoy, that you can do together. Maybe you can play squash or bowls. Maybe you can learn how to dance :) Something fun that gets you moving and a bit more sociable and less sitting around. It'll be great.

D

DD040894

Do you have those problems since you moved to thay colder place or had it before,that is very important?If you are making a lot of money you can go on long vacation to sunny place during winter :) sorry you are feeling bad at the moment...