• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Struggling

SomeSwedishGirl

SomeSwedishGirl

I agree with the others - you’re such a sweetheart. Wouldn’t want to see this forum or world without you in it.

B

bpd2020

I agree with the others - you’re such a sweetheart. Wouldn’t want to see this forum or world without you in it.
Aww that is so lovely of you to say. Thank you so much. You are such a lovely and supportive member on here.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Thank you. That is such a lovely thing to day.
It is true. I'll third that, you are caring and wise and should feel some pride in your ability to help others so much even when you are struggling yourself. You still want to help others and your communicating has been a big help to me the past few days especially. Be proud. The way you are has come from you as a person, you underneath it all.

B

bpd2020

It is true. I'll third that, you are caring and wise and should feel some pride in your ability to help others so much even when you are struggling yourself. You still want to help others and your communicating has been a big help to me the past few days especially. Be proud. The way you are has come from you as a person, you underneath it all.
That means such a lot to me. I am so happy to have supported you. Thank you so much.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
That means such a lot to me. I am so happy to have supported you. Thank you so much.
If you and midnight and others hadn't be reading my journal, it would have been much harder to get through. It's so nice when people get what you are saying and feeling, read between the lines! Family often miss the point ;) i really appreciate it but remember to rest yourself too.

B

bpd2020

If you and midnight and others hadn't be reading my journal, it would have been much harder to get through. It's so nice when people get what you are saying and feeling, read between the lines! Family often miss the point ;) i really appreciate it but remember to rest yourself too.
It is lovely to hear I have been some use. Do not worry, I make sure to rest. :)

U

Until

its hard isn't it, friends say I give good advice, but I still have BPD @bpd2020 .We have to focus on our good points, easy for me to say to others as I have had a bad day and can't take my own advice. But hopefully you can take this in for you🙂

B

bpd2020

its hard isn't it, friends say I give good advice, but I still have BPD @bpd2020 .We have to focus on our good points, easy for me to say to others as I have had a bad day and can't take my own advice. But hopefully you can take this in for you🙂
Thank you. Yes, it is hard. I hope we can both be kinder to ourselves. :)

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

Thank you for your lovely words. I am a bad person because I was a very strange child and my parents were unable to love me. I posted yesterday about how I used to get upset when my ex boyfriend used to want to be with his family and friends more then me. I now realise how unhealthy and bad my behaviour was. I can understand you saying let the past go. My trouble is, I live in the past.
I don't have BPD,I have PTSD. I could really relate to what you said.

It took a lot of therapy to finally realize and accept that it was my parents who were fucked up,not me.

I was never once hugged or told I was loved my entire childhood.Seriously,not once. I really believed there was something about me that made me unlovable.

I sometimes get stuck in those old thoughts and feelings and have to dig myself back out. It's getting easier now.

I'm sorry you didn't feel you were loved.

Hugs

B

bpd2020

Thank you for your post. I am so sorry your parents were so cold towards you. Thank goodness you realised you were not to blame and it was them being messed up.