struggling ?

L

Lostinthought

At the moment I’m struggling so much, my mum has been diagnosed with terminal cancer with months left to live. The thought of losing her is heartbreaking.......my world feels like it is falling apart. I’m watching her die slowly and I can’t stop it! I don’t want to be without her.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
oh sweetheart-words just are not enough
i am so sorry

my mummy died two and a half years ago
im here to listen anytime

you can get through this i promise-i know you can because i did
love Lu x

Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
At the moment I’m struggling so much, my mum has been diagnosed with terminal cancer with months left to live. The thought of losing her is heartbreaking.......my world feels like it is falling apart. I’m watching her die slowly and I can’t stop it! I don’t want to be without her.
Hi LiT,

so sorry hear this news. No words.

One question, do you have much video footage of you 2 together? (if any?)

If not I would ask if you can record footage.

My gran died in 1989 and 20 years later or so, when emptying my old house, I found some old tapes. I put them on (was mainly just the charts from the early 80s), and one of them was me recording me, my mum,and gran talking in the kitchen on my 'new tape deck' aged about 9.

It's the only recording I have of my Gran's voice, and I then saved it on a selection of new digital devices (and posted online in case house burns down).

It's very crap recording, and can't make a lot out, but still, one of my most prized possessions now.

Last edited:
N

NHope

I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through this. I hope that you at least have some support. Someone else that loves your mom too. It is hard to lose someone you love, but I would recommend that you take this time to really engage with your mom. You have an opportunity here to ask any questions you never have or just tell her things you love about her and how much you appreciate her. This really is a blessing to say those things that we never say thinking we have all the time in the world. Just love on her. You will not regret anything you can do to help her right now during this time. Keep hope.

mami5

mami5

Don't know what to say. Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you. Try to concentrate on the time you have left with her and make the most of it instead of the end. Take care of yourself and accept any support offered. :hug: xxxxxx

exyz

exyz

Hello Lostinthought,
I'm so sorry, I can't think of anything to write to take the hurt away.

That's a great suggestion by Mayfair. Record something, preferably both of you. Ask her lots of things, her favourite memories, songs. What were the cheeky things you did when you were little for example.

My son found a tape of his Gran a while back. It was an interview he had done for a school project, it's lovely to listen to. She looked after him when we were working. He loved her to bits.

As Mami says, look after yourself also and please yes, do take any support that you are offered.:hug1: