• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Struggling

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Now that I'm finished my classes for the semester and done my exams, I find myself sliding downwards again. I had a few weeks where I was doing quite well, but with nothing to do I feel useless and ashamed. I am struggling to get myself out for a walk each day, and have had several days of staying in my pyjamas all day, not showering for a couple of days in a row. I have about 3 weeks until my classes start again, and I really don't want to spiral downward during these next few weeks. I know I would feel better if I could get myself out the door for a walk, so I'm really going to try this morning.

keepsafe

keepsafe

It's really difficult to find that motivator but if you can then that's great :)

Well done I say for even attending all the classes, so don't feel useless and ashamed.

B.T.W In my pj's today too.

Take good care, hope you get out for that walk

KSxxxx

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks Keepsafe. I see my therapist this afternoon, so that will be good, and tomorrow afternoon I will be looking after my nephews.

keepsafe

keepsafe

I hope therapy goes ok, see lots on looking after nephews will be hectic! Have fun with themxxxx

Gajolene

Gajolene

You worked so hard, getting used to your new university this year, moving provinces, new doctors, new therapist, got those fantastic grades, you deserve to give yourself a break, who says you have to go, go, go, everyday and don't deserve to cuddle up in big comfy blankets without all the pressure for a couple days. Be proud of yourself Prairie you've accomplished a massive amount. :hug1:

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think it will be good for me to look after them. They are fun to be with, and it will be good for me to get out and do something for someone else. I am trying to plan enough things to do so that I don't start withdrawing and spiralling downward.
I hope therapy goes ok, see lots on looking after nephews will be hectic! Have fun with themxxxx

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You are right, as usual, Gajolene. I just have a really hard time with unstructured time, and I am afraid that I will spiral down if I just stay in my apartment all day long.
You worked so hard, getting used to your new university this year, moving provinces, new doctors, new therapist, got those fantastic grades, you deserve to give yourself a break, who says you have to go, go, go, everyday and don't deserve to cuddle up in big comfy blankets without all the pressure for a couple days. Be proud of yourself Prairie you've accomplished a massive amount. :hug1:

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
When i have no where to go or be I dont get dressed or showered either :)
Sounds like you've earned some you time to chill out.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
After therapy today I went to the store and bought a bunch of binge food, came home and ate until I felt sick. I wanted to ask my therapist for a hug, but I didn't have enough courage to ask. I really could have used a hug today.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thank you! That put a smile on my face. Still wanting a nice, warm body hug though. Maybe I'll have enough courage to ask for a hug on Thursday, as I have therapy twice a week right now.

keepsafe

keepsafe

I have therapy today - I could do with a hug too.

I hope that you get that hug you need on Thursday.

Love
KS
xxxx

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Really low today. Just feel like going back to bed. Hope looking after my nephews this afternoon will pick me up a bit. I should be working on the afghan I'm making for my mom for Christmas, but have been up for 2 hours and have done nothing so far.