• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Struggling with suicidal thoughts

D

disgrace

Hello everyone,
I've been diagnosed with depression over a year ago and I've been on antidepressants for a couple of months now. I finally found a therapist but my next appointment will not be until June.

The reason I'm writing here is - I don't want to live anymore. I've been unhappy for the majority of my life and it gets worse and worse every day. I know I could try other medication but I feel like that's a dead end. Therapy is my last hope, but I've read almost every self-help book there is and none of them could convince me that my life was worth living so I don't believe they would tell me anything I didn't know already.

I am sure that my life will never get better or at least not for a longer period of time and that's why I want to end it. There is just no way I will feel okay again. But I'm also too scared and worried about my friends to actually take my life. So what do I do now? How do I stop my mind from constantly reminding me how terrible everything is? And how do I motivate myself to not lie in bed all day if every activity seems pointless?

S

Sugaree

Can you call your therapist for some support? Eventually you should find the write meds.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
It may help to have a look at these two pages on the forum: Suicidal Crisis and Mental Health Forum - Getting Help about what to do if you're feeling suicidal, or if you need emergency help. I hope you can use the forum for support during this difficult time.

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

I found this contact for Germany.
I hope you can get some help.

T

treasurebox

Listening to motivational and uplifting songs on youtube helps me. Music is therapeutic. Listen to it daily or as you need to.

What you are thinking is not permanent. It will pass. There will be better days for you. Life will make you happy.

What are you good at and what do you love to do? Is it cooking, baking or doing arts and crafts? Whatever it is, do it for it will make you happy and even fulfilled. Do something worthwhile.

Helping someone else will help. It will make you happy. Find someone or a group that you can help. Volunteer in your community or online. Coach or teach online.