• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Struggling with suicidal thoughts

J

Jive

For the past few weeks I’ve been having suicidal thoughts. It’s been off and on during my past 3 years. I feel like no one understands. I try to explain it but the feedback is like why do I dwell on negative thoughts but I can’t help it. I literally physically can’t stop these thoughts. So I don’t want to talk about it anymore. It’s effected my 3 year long relationship. I feel like I should just break up with her so she can live without me and my problems. Ive lied to her and my family and friend so many times about how I feel, that I feel crazy. I go for long walks just thinking about how my life seems it’s in ruins. I am doing therapy, I’ve just recently seen a psychiatrist but it’s like what’s the point. I hate myself now again.

M

melinahx

Hey i want to let you know that i got the exact same thing like you going on. You’re not alone with that. It probably seems hard with no perspective but i can give you a few things ive done when i was struggling with the exact same thing

- Write Positive Things On a Paper and think about a single situation to every word. (you‘ll feel good)
- Dont Push yourself down if you wanna feel good fake a good mind in your head
- Take Time For Yourself and QUESTION where it could come from or what triggered those feelings (childhood)
- If you do things that make you happy, it will make you happy
- SMILE for a second you will notice what i mean!! 🥰

note: you’re stronger then other people because you’re able to live with that things while other people cry about the smallest things.

Try to invest believe in god and religion.
The reason you feel that way is because you’re something special, im not trying to cheer you up im telling you the truth every bad moments have a good ending!

YOU ARE STRONG!

A

Am33

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The thoughts you are having are not your thoughts . They are coming from the mass consciousness which is very real The negative energy from billions of people suffering this year . You need to shut your mind off from it .Positive energy can overcome negative energy you can use the power of the spoken word affirmations . I do them everyday 1 hr or more in the mornings and evenings or I get the same negative thoughts as you are having .

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi Jive, I'm so sorry you're struggling with suicidal thoughts. Please remember that people do care. Life is worth living and there's always a way to make things better.

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

D

Deleted member 91323

Hello Jive and welcome to the forum. It sounds like people have not been understanding towards you. We cannot just not dwell on thoughts. It is really good you have a psychiatrist now. They will be able to give you the help you have missed out on. There is hope. With the right support things can get better.

J

Jive

Thank you all for reaching out. Feeling a bit better. I am now writing a journal on my thoughts and trying to reinforce positive ideas. It feels better writing them done so will keep that up and see how it goes. The psychiatrist prescribed some anti depressents but she said it will take time for the effects to become effective.

D

Deleted member 91323

Anti depressants can take six weeks to kick in so hang on in there.

T

treasurebox

There will be better days for you. Your situation is not permanent. You were created to live a happy and meaningful life. So, hold on and trust your Creator. He will help you overcome.

Music helps me. Music therapy or listening to good and uplifting songs on youtube makes me feel and think better.

Also doing what I love to do which is writing helps me too. What do you love to do? What are you good at? Is it cooking, baking, gardening, doing arts and crafts? Do it and it will make you happy and even be successful.

J

Jive

Thank you all for reaching out. Feeling a bit better. I am now writing a journal on my thoughts and trying to reinforce positive ideas. It feels better writing them done so will keep that up and see how it goes. The psychiatrist prescribed some anti depressants but she said it will take time for the effects to become effective.