Struggling with self-image

H

HollyR

It has been a particularly hard week so far tbh.

I started off the week restricting food and going to the gym religiously like I have been for the past week and a bit, I've lost a few pounds and was happy with that, but last night and tonight I've eaten quite a lot and it's made me feel so greedy.

I've got an awful cold as well as hayfever so I've spent most of this week ill and finding it hard to breathe properly through my nose, plus I've done something to my back as I'm in so much pain, I didn't go to the gym yesterday or today so I just feel terrible about myself.

I'm so confused about my whole body image, like I don't know exactly how I feel about myself, some days I hate what I'm looking at, and sometimes I just think I'm being too hard on myself. There's no in between really, I've been struggling since I was 14 years old and 6 years later, I'm still relapsing. When will it stop?

My eating habits are just becoming worse again and I can't stop it.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
What do you do with your time? Maybe you could try to do things like volunteering that make you feel valuable and having nothing to do with what you look like.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi I can really empathise I struggle with eating and eating too much when I am low and have very poor self image
I have had since a teenager and I am 39 now
maybe volunteering would help but for me my self hatred of self/body image is so engrained I think it would take more than that to help me to feel better about myself
I think if I was size 8 and beautiful I still wouldn't be happy
I hope you find a place where you feel comfortable with yourself real soon perhaps try counselling if not already doing so?
love Lu x

H

HollyR

What do you do with your time? Maybe you could try to do things like volunteering that make you feel valuable and having nothing to do with what you look like.
I work a 40 hour week, so I just work and sleep and on the weekends I sleep more than anything and me and my partner go out as well x

H

HollyR

hi I can really empathise I struggle with eating and eating too much when I am low and have very poor self image
I have had since a teenager and I am 39 now
maybe volunteering would help but for me my self hatred of self/body image is so engrained I think it would take more than that to help me to feel better about myself
I think if I was size 8 and beautiful I still wouldn't be happy
I hope you find a place where you feel comfortable with yourself real soon perhaps try counselling if not already doing so?
love Lu x
Thank you for your response, I've been dealing with this since I was 14 and I'm now 20, I just want to be happy within myself and be at peace. I will tell my counsellor at my next session hopefully she can provide some insight x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Eating Disorders Forum 9
A Eating Disorders Forum 3
N Eating Disorders Forum 5