• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Struggling with recent borderline personality disorder diagnosis, alcohol and substance abuse and recent breakdown of long term relationship.

D

dawnie1980

Struggling with recent borderline personality disorder diagnosis, alcohol and substance abuse and recent breakdown of long term relationship.

I have recently been diagnosed with bdp. I am 34. I struggle with alcohol and substance abuse. I have been trying for years, with the help of my ex partner, to get help with my mental health. My ex partner of 10 years ended the relationship in september and i am bot coping with it at all. I dont feel.strong enough but when i say this to people they just tell me i am but i feel like my diognosis says otherwise. Today i felt i had no one to talk to, very alone and very misunderstood. So i just thought i might check out a forum hopefully find some.people that understand and get some advice.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum, Dawnie. :hi:
There certainly will be people here who understand.

I'm sorry that you're not getting much support in 'real life'. Do you not get any help from your mental health team at all?

Anyway, hope you find this forum helpful.