• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Struggling With Physical symptoms

C

Cyber_stan88

Hi,
I’ve been diagnosed with GAD and the thing that I struggle with the most is how generally unwell I feel. EVERY DAY. All the thoughts and the obsessing etc I can deal with. It’s just the constant feeling that I’m ill that’s driving me mad. Mainly it’s the constant feeling unsteady or dizzy. Dodgy/painful stomach and the feeling as if I’m a 3rd person. Does anybody else feel like this and if you do have you any advice? I’d love to wake up one morning without feeling like my nights sleep was really hard work no matter how many hours I sleep. 6,7 8 or even 9 hours some night. And being able to just crack on with the day and be present. I would really love to play with my kids or have a day at work where I’m not constantly thinking, wow I feel rough. What it feels like is that I have a constant hangover. And I gave up drinking so I know it’s not that. I also don’t drink tea coffee etc. I’m really running out of ideas here. Any advice would be gratefully received. Cheers.

Bigquestion

Bigquestion

Hi there , I get the same physical symptoms and I'm a year and half in.

Faith198

Faith198

I’m sorry you’re dealing with that, anxiety is really hard. I’m still learning how to cope but it’s gotten better.

1 thing I’d recommend is medication(only if you’re interested) it has really helped my anxiety.

if not medication, I’d recommend breathing exercises. You can download apps on your phone or look up some exercises on the web.

some ginger ale could help calm your stomach down or a peppermint.

maybe some YouTube videos of calming sounds or something you like watching to shift your mind to something else.

Or aroma therapy, lavender is suppose to be calming.

and trying to self talk to yourself, which I know isn’t easy but telling yourself that it’s just anxiety that is making you feel all the things you’re experiencing.

I hope I helped a little bit