Struggling with myself.

Wolfy

Wolfy

Hi all,

My first time writing in a forum, so no idea if I'm using it right!

I think I need help, But I'm not sure.

I'm a 21 year old guy, in a relationship with an amazing guy, who I really love and plan to marry one day. But I suffer from big mood swings, completely out the blue, at least four-five times a day, ever since I was about 11 years old.

And sometimes they are pretty extreme. I can be feeling like I'm on top of the world, then the next minute I will be very angry, for no reason, and that scares me. It also works the other way round, I could wake up feeling pretty low, then all of a sudden I'll be hyper, running about and laughing at nothing.

I also suffer from bad nightmares, to the point my boyfriend has to sometimes wake me up cause I'm crying in my sleep or hitting myself.

On top of that, I also get bad visions in my head as I'm outside, I could walk past someone on the street and in my head I can see myself hurting them.

It scares me, and I'm getting real tired of it.

My problems are also having an effect on my relationship, because when I'm feeling down, for no reason, my boyfriend will get upset because he feels like he can't help me or it's because of something he's done. Which I explain isn't the class but I'm not sure he believes me.

He means the world to me, but when ever I try to talk about it to him, he gets upset too.

I just don't know what to do.

There is more to this but I feel like I've already wrote a wall of text, I do apologise!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Wellbeing 4
J Wellbeing 1
L Wellbeing 1