Struggling with low moods tonight..

Screechout

Screechout

Really struggling with low moods tonight, the past few days have been steady and not to many mood swings but tonight I've hit a particularly low mood and I'm really struggling. I hate getting in these frame of minds because it feels like I'm just drowning in my emotions.

Should hopefully be seeing my consultant psychiatrist soon for a medication review to talk about mood stabilizers but does anyone find them useful? I've been on depokate and I feel like it doesn't help much and I'm currently on 40mg of fluexotine just started that up again two weeks ago and it hasn't even started helping a little bit.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi ,im sorry your medication doesn't seem to be working ,will you let us know what the doctor suggests? maybe try another mood stabilizer
have you ever tried therapy? maybe that would be more beneficial than medication
i hope you feel better soon and get some sleep tonight
love Lu x

Screechout

Screechout

I have had therapy yes and I'm currently getting psychotherapy but due to the holidays and my psychotherapists personal holiday I won't be seeing her for another month which would of been two months since I've last seen her which is frustrating but something I understand.

Yeah medication is something that I've found hasn't helped me hugely if I'm honest, but will see what the consultant says.

Just wish I could handle my mood swings better.

S

sarah jane

Yes I’m having low mood at the moment from an high, bpd because of child abuse, school.
Plus manageging mental disorder caused by the authorities again ie as seen above , unfortunately they planned my life to fail.

S

Sullivan

I can relate and hope that I can help you as I also suffer from bipolar, bpd, anxiety, and depression. Hate it all. I finally learned how to make it better but it’s not without my fiancées help and some work of my own.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sullivan

I go thru these things daily as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
qwerty1234

qwerty1234

Gosh I am so glad for this place to write out my thoughts and get the pain out. Tonight I am suffering from a lot of physical pain and it puts me in a bad mood, so I can relate to the poster.

Medication has helped me hugely (I take cymbalta, an ssnri which is different from maoi or SSRI, and it helps me like other medications have not), hit I suffer from significant side effects like nausea which keep me from working. So I spend my days when I can't work ranting about and describing all my horrible mental and physical symptoms. It's awful, I feel trapped in my own body, though it is far, far better than it has been.

It's just so frustrating because my life itself is back on track, people are reviewing my resume for jobs and I am doing software research and learning math and languages and getting in touch with politics and people outside of my country the us, and I hope eventually if I can to get another degree and then move out of the us.

But small things like getting a short reply from a former close friend, or not hearing back from my sister or other close friends, gets me down, even if I have a lot of other good things happen today, like good social media response and writings, better political and social and media engagement, work done, attention from my boss, etc.

It's like I have problems every single day and need attention and comfort constantly. At least I don't feel guilty for that, and I am not as out of it as I was during all of college when I was dissociated and couldn't concentrate on anything, but the constant need for attention is terrible.

Thank you for listening. It helps me figure out what I need, maybe through mirror neurons.

qwerty1234

qwerty1234

To reply to the OP, I have tried lexapro and mood stabilizers but what I am on now helps most which is abilify and cymbalta. I was dxed with schizoaffective disorder and borderline personality disorder.