Struggling with instructive thoughts and panic attacks

M

m00ncats

I’m worried about going to the doctors about my issues due to struggling to get the words out of my mouth in front of somebody, last year (March) I was living with a friend but she become violent and scary, she treatened to kill me and she hurt me a couple times and the police were called on several occasions, I have already struggled with mental health since childhood but a couple months after this, I was starting to have panic attacks out of nowhere every time I thought about her or something reminded me of her, I’ve been having nightmares almost every night thinking somebody is coming to hurt me, i feel on edge watching everybody around me, when I manage to leave the house I’m waiting for something bad to happen scanning people and their actions if there a threat, I thought moving to a different part of the county it would help me move on but if anything I feel like it’s getting worse, I moved out of there 7 months ago but it still feels like I’m there with the way I’m feeling

Cpt_Stunning

Cpt_Stunning

No don't move, I actually did move, got a job in a different country - South Korea (I live in UK) thinking it would go away, but it didn't, so I came back, it won't help if you do move, or it may do, but it didn't help me, people are pretty much the same everywhere, I thought South Korea would be a lot different, but it's still the same world, everything's all international nowadays.

I'm sorry that someone has caused your panic, I'm a bit different, I'm a bit different, I'm more worried about being terribly injured or hurt by accidents. Most people are OK, is it OK to ask if her behaviour still sticks in your mind?

M

m00ncats

No don't move, I actually did move, got a job in a different country - South Korea (I live in UK) thinking it would go away, but it didn't, so I came back, it won't help if you do move, or it may do, but it didn't help me, people are pretty much the same everywhere, I thought South Korea would be a lot different, but it's still the same world, everything's all international nowadays.

I'm sorry that someone has caused your panic, I'm a bit different, I'm a bit different, I'm more worried about being terribly injured or hurt by accidents. Most people are OK, is it OK to ask if her behaviour still sticks in your mind?
I did end up moving because I couldn’t take it anymore, I’m glad I’m out of there but it still really haunts me it just pops into my head one thought leads to another then it’s like remembering and feeling everything all over again, i keep trying to go to the doctors but keep avoiding it

Cpt_Stunning

Cpt_Stunning

I had bad experiences with seeing doctor/doctors. They really don't know how to deal with people with panic problems, what you may need to do I think, is get involved with other people to help restore you faith in human nature.

M3agank

M3agank

Hi there. I’m so sorry you were treated this way by someone who was supposed to be a supportive friend. I have had to let go of toxic friends family due to them being physically and mentally abusive. But we can’t let our fear for these people harm us any longer. I also have developed panic attacks since deciding that my aunt and uncle, who raised me, were only interested in my future if they could control it. Anytime I made a decision they didn’t come up with or approve, it was considered a bad idea to them.

I met my amazing partner in college and he has slowly started helping me get professional help and makes sure to comfort me during the attacks and makes sure I keep breathing. They told me he would leave me within a week and would cheat on me all the time. It’s like I had no worth to them now that they weren’t the center of my world. I live with my partner now and I haven’t spoken to my aunt or uncle directly since last year in July I believe.

One of the main things that helped me is my partner allowed me to decorate our bedroom however I wanted and needed for it to be a calm safe place for me. No one other than him is allowed to enter without permission. I needed somewhere cool and dark due to my light sensitivity. All my windows in the room are covered with huge tapestries and I have low energy Christmas lights as a softer, less harsh source of light.

I know a “safe place” may sound cliche, but it has made all the difference for me. It allows me somewhere that nothing can touch me. A place for my brain to actually switch off or focus on something I like. Which is painting or bad Netflix documentaries. Lol. I hope this novel of a reply helps in any way possible.