• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Struggling with health anxiety 😭 need help

Q

Queenie19

So.. had a load of troubles but one is getting to me more.
The last few weeks Iv been to the doctors and admitted I was struggling as I know this is the first step to me gaining help ect,

I made the doctors aware I had a funny feeling in m throat like tight, one side was sore/achy feeling. No visible lump and can’t feel a lump, I can still eat and drink normally.

doctor said it’s the anxiety messing with my throat but is this a sign of anxiety? Iv never had this before but then Iv never struggles with anxiety before :(

my mind won’t accept what the doctor has said, also a few weeks before theydid a lot of bloods to check loads of things as all my symptoms didn’t add up and they were all clear apart from slightly low b12..

How do you stop your Mind going around and around? I know if the doc was worried he would have got tests but he didn’t just registered me to the cbt? But I can’t help google throat cancers and convinced this is what’s wrong 😭

bpd2020

bpd2020

Health anxiety is very distressing. You have seen your GP and nothing has been found. Feeling anxious creates all sorts of physical symptoms in your body. Have you had any therapy to teach you coping methods? Please never google symptoms. It always points to the worst case and you will be so worried.

Q

Queenie19

Health anxiety is very distressing. You have seen your GP and nothing has been found. Feeling anxious creates all sorts of physical symptoms in your body. Have you had any therapy to teach you coping methods? Please never google symptoms. It always points to the worst case and you will be so worried.
no therapy.
No the rosary yet but I’m guessing when I have my appointment from the cbt this is what they will talk me through ect :(

so anxiety can cause a lot of physical symptoms?

bpd2020

bpd2020

Yes, anxiety can cause physical symptoms. It is good you have an appointment soon. Try to be as open as you can so they fully understand what you are going through.

J

Julie41

no therapy.
No the rosary yet but I’m guessing when I have my appointment from the cbt this is what they will talk me through ect :(

no therapy.

Hi queenie
Anxiety is awful & a major part for me is the physical symptoms- I’ve had it for years and am now on meds & have had CBT therapy which finished in June this year - I did find it helpful - it’s not a miracle you have to work hard at it - but l do put it into practice- sometimes when my anxiety is very bad then l don’t cope that well - I also had a funny feeling in my throat - was told it was anxiety too- it did eventually go but was unfortunately replaced by another symptom- I do suffer with quite a lot
Lightheaded/ shaky/ hot/cold/sweaty/ wobbly legs/ muscle aches mostly neck & shoulders ( where l tense my muscles/ headaches/ eye problems - burning skin and the list goes on
I look everything up on the internet!!! So I’ve convinced myself l have underlying medical problems each time & that my doctor is just using anxiety as an excuse because it’s so hard to believe that our minds can cause this much havoc & grief X

Q

Queenie19

Hi queenie
Anxiety is awful & a major part for me is the physical symptoms- I’ve had it for years and am now on meds & have had CBT therapy which finished in June this year - I did find it helpful - it’s not a miracle you have to work hard at it - but l do put it into practice- sometimes when my anxiety is very bad then l don’t cope that well - I also had a funny feeling in my throat - was told it was anxiety too- it did eventually go but was unfortunately replaced by another symptom- I do suffer with quite a lot
Lightheaded/ shaky/ hot/cold/sweaty/ wobbly legs/ muscle aches mostly neck & shoulders ( where l tense my muscles/ headaches/ eye problems - burning skin and the list goes on
I look everything up on the internet!!! So I’ve convinced myself l have underlying medical problems each time & that my doctor is just using anxiety as an excuse because it’s so hard to believe that our minds can cause this much havoc & grief X
I have most of them too the symptoms you have, my throat has worried me and I just can’t shake off thinking I have throat cancer but then the more I think the more I google which means no chance of my throat settling 😭

bpd2020

bpd2020

Please stop googling. You will only make yourself more anxious. I know it is hard but it is the only way you will control your anxiety.

J

Julie41

I have most of them too the symptoms you have, my throat has worried me and I just can’t shake off thinking I have throat cancer but then the more I think the more I google which means no chance of my throat settling 😭
I know it’s hard to stop worrying but CBT will teach you that worrying about things you can’t control is useless - your bloods were all ok so the chances of you having something serious is very very low - we just make it a bigger problem by thinking about it - so when you find yourself dwelling on your throat symptom try & ground yourself : 1) think of something you can see 2) think of something you can hear 3) think of something you can touch. 4)
Think of your favourite smell Etc
It brings you back from over thinking to the present - just concentrate on each step it does work
X

Q

Queenie19

I know it’s hard to stop worrying but CBT will teach you that worrying about things you can’t control is useless - your bloods were all ok so the chances of you having something serious is very very low - we just make it a bigger problem by thinking about it - so when you find yourself dwelling on your throat symptom try & ground yourself : 1) think of something you can see 2) think of something you can hear 3) think of something you can touch. 4)
Think of your favourite smell Etc
It brings you back from over thinking to the present - just concentrate on each step it does work
X
Thank you for the advice :) hopefully the cbt doesn’t take too long :(

I try tothink of other things ect but then it just leads back to the what if 😭

R

Rhea

Hi queenie

R

Rhea

I also have this badly. I suffer with neck pain and bad head tension and have continual migraine headaches. My head feels like it is in a vice so bad that I am having a brain scan. I do think it is all just tension which starts of extreme anxiety which leads to more tension it's a vicious circle. I am also ajaw clencher which does not help and gives me bad facial pain. I am terrified of meds so take nothing but am starting CBT which I am hoping will help. I also have Fibromyalgia and have bad flare ups which leads to more anxiety. I hope things ease for you xx

R

Rcristal

In addition to Migraines I, on occasion get an " aura" Migraine. No matter how many times you experience one it is awful. I am trusting that increasing my meditation will help.

I really trust you start feeling better soon.

Rci

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

So.. had a load of troubles but one is getting to me more.
The last few weeks Iv been to the doctors and admitted I was struggling as I know this is the first step to me gaining help ect,

I made the doctors aware I had a funny feeling in m throat like tight, one side was sore/achy feeling. No visible lump and can’t feel a lump, I can still eat and drink normally.

doctor said it’s the anxiety messing with my throat but is this a sign of anxiety? Iv never had this before but then Iv never struggles with anxiety before :(

my mind won’t accept what the doctor has said, also a few weeks before theydid a lot of bloods to check loads of things as all my symptoms didn’t add up and they were all clear apart from slightly low b12..

How do you stop your Mind going around and around? I know if the doc was worried he would have got tests but he didn’t just registered me to the cbt? But I can’t help google throat cancers and convinced this is what’s wrong 😭
Its really a case of teaching your mind. I am on beta blockers cause i cant stop my mind going nuts. But yea thats the goal

R

Rcristal

I absolutely hear what each of you are saying. I simply am unable to tolerate any of them.
I suffer from an autoimmune disease called " Sjogrens." I, also have a number of additional issues. You can't name a med I haven't tried for something lol. The " cure" causes another problem.
So, for now, it is very low doses of Xanax, which I don't like and meditation, healthy living and therapy.
And, I now have you good people. As a Quaker, I will hold each of you "in the light."

Rcristal

T

Twinkl3dom

sorry I didn’t write the post so I hope this is okay but I was just wondering do you feel the symptoms like being lightheaded/shaky/eye problems pretty constantly or do they only happen now and again? Because I feel like I’m having a literal constant anxiety attack atm and just wanted to know if other people feel the same

Hi queenie