• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Struggling with going back to work full time now

bubbling under

bubbling under

The first day was great, I was tired but really happy to have gotten through the day. But I am now sooo tired, my eating has gone nuts again in that I'm just not, I'm not sleeping through the night...god that makes me sound like a baby, but that's how I feel. A 34yr old baby:(

I'm tense so bad my shoulders actually feel totally knotted.

I need remedies for getting through the rest of this week or a massive kick up the arse!

Jo1760

Jo1760

You definately dont need a kick up the arse...

Sorry hun my advice is going to be completely useless as i have managed to make a mess of most stuff lately so i'm not the best person to start suggesting things.

I hope you get to sleep a little more over the next few days. Lack of sleep is a nightmare.

Take good care of yourself and i hope it doesn't take too long to get used too.

Sending a big :hug:

bubbling under

bubbling under

Thanks jo, I'm sat here crying about it....time for a fag maybe:cry:

I'm getting up at 6.15 and not getting in until nearly 7 at night...falling asleep till 9 which has happened again tonight, then awake until 1am, sleep till about 4 am then wake for about an hr then fall asleep until my alarm goes off, which feels like 30 seconds later. I'm literally falling asleep at work which is NOT good and I don't know what the fuck to do about it either :cry:

Sorry to moan, maybe I do need to just get used to it again, it's just really taking it out if me.

S

*Sapphire*

Hi BU

You are not alone in this. Starting work full time from part time is a BIG shock to the system, so don't beat yourself up about it, there will be a period of adjustment which is likely to be painful in the short term.

Hey I've just started full time work after almost three years off sick. It started off being part time and was supposed to stay that way, but me being me I went gung ho and after a couple of months agreed to full time.

I'm not handling it very well, my paperwork hasn't been in on time, I am not as full of energy as I was, my husband is having to do alot of the things around the house that I was doing before, and I feel constantly exhausted. I am turning up late some days as I am finding getting into a routine difficult. But the way I view it is that at least I am trying, I am trying to get myself off benefits after a serious illness and I am doing the best I can. Which from what I can gather is what you are doing too, and what alot of people aren't doing (who don't neccessarily suffer with issues).

You have had a lot to deal with lately don't expect miracles from yourself. Try to give yourself a break. The routine will come, the sleep will come, try to hang on in there. It is painful, boy do I know it is painful, but I know it will get easier as I get adjusted, and as you do too.

Take care hun :hug:

bubbling under

bubbling under

Thanks Sapphire, guess I'm not getting any younger either:unsure:

The early mornings are killing me, I'm stressed before I've even left the house incase I get stuck in traffic, which then holds my boss up. It's just not a great way to start the day really, and me getting to sleep at stupid o'clock doesn't help. If I could just keep going, without crashing out when I come in, it would help. I ended up calling a friend of mine this afternoon and had a bit of a cry, which helped in the short term, but I feel like a broken record here, but I am physically exhausted:(

S

*Sapphire*

Yey! I'm working tomorrow, oh well I get a lie in on Monday! :)

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Well done BU, some sort of celebration must be in order! Hopefully it will get easier from here. :grouphug:

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A facing going back to work - struggling Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
moonperson Education: Struggling to convince myself to go to college Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
A Poor & struggling to survive but everyone thinks I'm rich Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 22
B Struggling with PIP renewal Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
P now struggling to manage Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
worrymuffin struggling at uni Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
E struggling with college Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
P Struggling with gettin help plz advise Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
H Struggling with time management and my boss asked me, "if I had any issues," do i tell the truth? Will it help me keep my job? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
Hello513 I think I am going to try to go into bioinformantics Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 0
Hello513 So I am going into a day program then I am going to try to build a career. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 17
J Motivation [Going ou from comfort zone] Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
Lone_wanderer Think I am going to have to get a job. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
M I made a mistake on ESA and now I am terrified of going to prison Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
J Going into ESA Assessment alone. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 14
G Going to EAS Tribunal tomorrow need last minute help!! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
E My rent is going up Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
H Going back into education? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
B Since CBT is going really well and meds are working, wanted to change my career path Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
K Claiming ESA but going to college (part time) Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
bluemoon2 Thinking of going to college but will it affect my benefits? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
E What the hell am I going to do?????? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 66
bulbie Not Going Ahead with PIP Appeal Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
H Is there something going on or am I just lazy? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
P ESA going into University? what will happen? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
S Benefits and going to university. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
Lillyone Left in Wrag group going to appeal this time. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
R Going from bad to worse Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 14
P Please read ... Going from long term IB > ESA WRAG group - have I done the right thing? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
G I'm going to be evaluated at court, I don't want to be started on medication though.? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
G Some life problems,In trouble for auto burglaries, Mom mentioned Me going to get evaluated at court, I'm a little worried. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
T I dont know where Im going to live Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
I Esa Appeal Monday going ahead without Esa50 evidence Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
T I am going to make a point in the jobcentre next week Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
P esa- and going to college? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 24
L Bipolar and going back to work in IT or possible career change Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
L ATOS medical scored 0 points, going to Tribunal Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
prairiechick Going To Look At A Place! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
M Started a job today and going downhill Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
bert tomato I am thinking of going to a lawyer. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
G Just started new job, gone off sick and ? going to hand notice in. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 15
M going onto JSA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
I Are people in supported living going to be safe from the IB/ESA changeover. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
emzangelwings What's it like going to an ESA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
F Just back to work and it's all going wrong! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
S Applying for SDP on full PIP Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
S The full PIP Experience Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
C Temporary Accommodation to Full Duty Applicant and an offer of housing Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
U ESA and full time college course. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
cpuusage Here's the full spectacle of Iain Duncan Smith's DWP horror show. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12