• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Struggling with going back to work full time now

bubbling under

bubbling under

The first day was great, I was tired but really happy to have gotten through the day. But I am now sooo tired, my eating has gone nuts again in that I'm just not, I'm not sleeping through the night...god that makes me sound like a baby, but that's how I feel. A 34yr old baby:(

I'm tense so bad my shoulders actually feel totally knotted.

I need remedies for getting through the rest of this week or a massive kick up the arse!

Jo1760

Jo1760

You definately dont need a kick up the arse...

Sorry hun my advice is going to be completely useless as i have managed to make a mess of most stuff lately so i'm not the best person to start suggesting things.

I hope you get to sleep a little more over the next few days. Lack of sleep is a nightmare.

Take good care of yourself and i hope it doesn't take too long to get used too.

Sending a big :hug:

bubbling under

bubbling under

Thanks jo, I'm sat here crying about it....time for a fag maybe:cry:

I'm getting up at 6.15 and not getting in until nearly 7 at night...falling asleep till 9 which has happened again tonight, then awake until 1am, sleep till about 4 am then wake for about an hr then fall asleep until my alarm goes off, which feels like 30 seconds later. I'm literally falling asleep at work which is NOT good and I don't know what the fuck to do about it either :cry:

Sorry to moan, maybe I do need to just get used to it again, it's just really taking it out if me.

S

*Sapphire*

Hi BU

You are not alone in this. Starting work full time from part time is a BIG shock to the system, so don't beat yourself up about it, there will be a period of adjustment which is likely to be painful in the short term.

Hey I've just started full time work after almost three years off sick. It started off being part time and was supposed to stay that way, but me being me I went gung ho and after a couple of months agreed to full time.

I'm not handling it very well, my paperwork hasn't been in on time, I am not as full of energy as I was, my husband is having to do alot of the things around the house that I was doing before, and I feel constantly exhausted. I am turning up late some days as I am finding getting into a routine difficult. But the way I view it is that at least I am trying, I am trying to get myself off benefits after a serious illness and I am doing the best I can. Which from what I can gather is what you are doing too, and what alot of people aren't doing (who don't neccessarily suffer with issues).

You have had a lot to deal with lately don't expect miracles from yourself. Try to give yourself a break. The routine will come, the sleep will come, try to hang on in there. It is painful, boy do I know it is painful, but I know it will get easier as I get adjusted, and as you do too.

Take care hun :hug:

bubbling under

bubbling under

Thanks Sapphire, guess I'm not getting any younger either:unsure:

The early mornings are killing me, I'm stressed before I've even left the house incase I get stuck in traffic, which then holds my boss up. It's just not a great way to start the day really, and me getting to sleep at stupid o'clock doesn't help. If I could just keep going, without crashing out when I come in, it would help. I ended up calling a friend of mine this afternoon and had a bit of a cry, which helped in the short term, but I feel like a broken record here, but I am physically exhausted:(

S

*Sapphire*

Yey! I'm working tomorrow, oh well I get a lie in on Monday! :)

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Well done BU, some sort of celebration must be in order! Hopefully it will get easier from here. :grouphug: