• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Struggling tonight, trying not to text an ex.

F

Fancyharm

😚😚😚😚😚😂😂😂😂😂 you are funny midnightpheonix!!!!!

I have to remain strong, and the forum helps me so much.

I will keep busy tomorrow. Keep busy and remember to relax too. It's been an issue in the past when I have used keeping busy to avoid my heartache. It's almost as if my body has forgotten how to relax which leads to anxiety.

F

Fancyharm

Hi all, hope you are having a good Saturday xx

Well I'm kind of thinking what response would I get now if I sent a text? I'm being totally honest. I really want to remember how good I have felt not texting.

I just have these blips at times.

I am posting to try and replace texting.

Love to you all XxxxX

F

Fancyharm

Unfortunately I sent a text last night. Nothing major in the contents.

A disappointing response came back but what's new.

I did 9 days without texting so hopefully this time I will not give in to myself.

I still don't even enjoy texting and the responses leave a lot to be desired.

Oh well, here's to greater will power next time.

F

Fancyharm

Having one of my sleepless nights. I get them at the moment as I am off sick and not using up loads of energy in the day.

I have done well resisting texting the last couple of days.

There are much more interesting things to do, like picking up the dog shit after my dogs! Sorry but poop scooping has more satisfaction, the disappointing useless replies I get are just odd.

Hopefully I will have kicked the habit already.

C

CaptainFlint

I can empathize a lot. And boy is it tough. My gf that I knew for years and years abruptly left me. Blocked my number, cut me off with no closure. I'm sure you can and will handle it better than I did..

I couldn't handle it. At all. Couldn't believe that someone I was gonna marry and have kids with wouldn't spare me a word. I was at a major low point, and had also lost nearly all my friends and was going through an unrelated trauma at the time too.

So.. I went off my meds cause I said fuck it. And ended up making a bunch of email accounts begging her for one sentence of closure. When she couldn't even give me that, I went out of my mind. Threatened myself, then threatened her. Id never hurt a fly, but I just said worse and worse things hoping to get a response. Eventually all my messages included asking her to call the police, because my irrational mind thought that having the police come would at least affirm that she had read my messages.

She didn't respond, but the police sure did come lol. Talked to me and sympathized, but put me in a psych ward for 24 hours to calm down. I thought it would bring me closure, but overall I'd say, the experience wasn't worth it lol.

I'm sure this doesn't have much to do with your situation. But I can say; I know how hard it is to let things go and move on. But if you can find the courage and resilience in the long run, I'm sure you'll be better off and have more self-esteem because of it

Sometimes, against all intuition. The most healthy course of action is to let yourself hurt temporarily. So you can become stronger, more independent, and self-loving in the near future

F

Fancyharm

Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds rough what you went through. It is an odd way to feel.

I am getting better and better. Plus he is so disappointing that I just don't know why I bother.

I will sort it and the forum helps me so much.

Again thanks for sharing your story, it sounds like you deserve a medal for getting through it, and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way.

C

CaptainFlint

Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds rough what you went through. It is an odd way to feel.

I am getting better and better. Plus he is so disappointing that I just don't know why I bother.

I will sort it and the forum helps me so much.

Again thanks for sharing your story, it sounds like you deserve a medal for getting through it, and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way.
Thank you c:

I just joined the forum last week. And part of me feels like I've been bitching and writing wayy too much.

Ive just had a lot to get out; used to be a Lit major, probably can't help myself.

And also, didn't mean to make this thread about me haha. But I do really understand some of the feelings you're going through. And can definitely support you any time if you need a friendly ear. Chin up, you sound like you're winning your battle slowly but surely

C

CaptainFlint

My gf also started being cold and truly disappointing toward the end. It really does make you think "why bother". But somehow the memories of the good times of being in love are so hard to erase, you can't see the current reality of the situation too well.

Took me 4 months alone, and probably 2 months worth of support condensed into 1 week from this forum. But I'm slowly starting to see why it never would've worked with someone like that. I'd still take her back in a heartbeat though after everything that happened.... So I think I have more progress yet to be made lol

F

Fancyharm

I found what you wrote to be a comfort and you sounded genuine and honest. Please don't feel you are making the thread 'about you', it didn't come across like that at all.

Thank you for the kind offer of being available should I wish to need your help. Likewise, I am happy to help you where I can.

This forum is really good, please continue to share your experiences, it will help you and other members.👍👍👍

C

CaptainFlint

I found what you wrote to be a comfort and you sounded genuine and honest. Please don't feel you are making the thread 'about you', it didn't come across like that at all.

Thank you for the kind offer of being available should I wish to need your help. Likewise, I am happy to help you where I can.

This forum is really good, please continue to share your experiences, it will help you and other members.👍👍👍
Thank you c:

I think I'm in a sort of unstable state right now. But it comes from an unfortunate place of sanity. This may not be the right place to post this, but I'm bipolar type 2. That essentially means I have poor control of my emotions, feelings, behavior, energy. I don't hear voices or see things that aren't there. But nonetheless my condition makes life a little harder, and I feel things a bit too much.

Whatever you're going through, I promise I've had the same feelings. And since I'm still here and still trying to do better, I have unwavering confidence that you will too

F

Fancyharm

I don't think it would be an issue talking about your condition in this thread. It's certainly ok with me.

You seem to be coping well from how you write. I know there is a lot more to coping than being able to get your feelings written down, but like you said you are working through.

I'm a recovered agoraphobic. I'm at a place 28 years since the agoraphobia that I thought would not be possible. I've done loads alone, even went to Prague for plastic surgery!!!

Learning about my condition was one of the best things ever. Relaxation exercises, positive affirmations, all helped.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Anxiety Forum 1
Q Anxiety Forum 7
UniqueKitten Anxiety Forum 1
I Anxiety Forum 8
W Anxiety Forum 17