Struggling tonight, trying not to text an ex.

F

Fancyharm

Struggling tonight. I want to text the ex but I know it's wrong. I've posted in the 'People' forum but I'm scared nobody will see my post and I need a bit of support.

F

Fancyharm

Hi, thanks. Good to.know you are there. I am just at a low point.

I have wondered if my low points are a trigger into contacting him. Somehow I believe he can make me feel like the low point has gone. I think I have worked that out tonight.

Replacement therapy in the form of posting here is what is happening. I am seeking to replace him.

That is a positive thing. The forum has helped me, I can see a way out.

Also I.must learn to live with low points, not try to escape them by texting him.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

low points suck :grouphug: :sorry:

replacing him is good (y):loveshower:

think of him like a broken computer, you wouldn't keep trying to make a broke computer work just on the offchance that it might work :grouphug:

F

Fancyharm

Broken computer, I can see that. That's true.

God, that's so good. Wow.

F

Fancyharm

Also I am very tired. I was awake from midnight to 4 am. My neighbour decided to hold a pre hen party do and was shouting and singing with her mates until a taxi collected them for the airport at 4 am. I cannot stand her, she is not nice and very inconsiderate. She lives in the middle of a terrace. She should know better.

F

Fancyharm

Thank you, I am too good. It's taken a lot of getting into my head. I really hope I manage to keep away this time.

I want to try my best and the help on here is so good for me.

Broken computer and keeping trying to make it work is brilliant.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

*plays loud music and lots of noise around Fancyharm's neighbour 24/7 until she gets the idea that she has to be considerate* :loveshower:

F

Fancyharm

True again. Yes she is horrible. The landlord is a dick too. If I'm in the garden and she is on the phone or talking then I know every bit of the conversation.

I knew about the hen do as she shouted out of the window to a neighbour boasting that it was going to be a loud night.

Over the bank holiday she had a new boyfriend staying. It was quite funny listening to her trying to keep her big mouth under control. He seemed like a nice quiet chap. She starts so many sentences with d'you know what, so I just kept putting d'oh know what at the beginning of what I was saying to my friend! She is so argumentative, even with this nice chap she was using the wrong time.

F

Fancyharm

I should have taped her and played it when her new boyfriend was there.

Didn't think of that.

F

Fancyharm

I was going to wash my hair tonight, but I'm so tired and dissapointed that my neighbour acts so irresponsibly.

And I am enjoying just being able to share my thoughts with you.

That loss of sleep has messed me up all day.

F

Fancyharm

Off to bed now. Thanks for your support. I wonder if thete is a pattern forming regarding this desire to text the ex. Perhaps tomorrow night will be different.

F

Fancyharm

Well it's Thursday of the first week of not texting. Doing ok so far. Hopefully it will get easier at some point.

F

Fancyharm

Thank you. The reminders defo work for me.

It's hard to know how to strike a balance when keeping busy.

Too much keeping busy would wear you down, but not enough means too much room to think.

TaurusLady

TaurusLady

Don't give your ex your love and time like this!!
Take care of your wellbeing.. And remember that a better response can come from someone else that you send that text to instead!

xx

F

Fancyharm

That's very true. Thank you for the good advice. I am trying very hard to get over this feeling of not feeling normal until I text him.

I am really trying to be strong but it is hard.

I am posting on the forum to build a better habit.