Struggling today

PinkCandyFloss

PinkCandyFloss

Everyone thinks I’m wrong for being upset that my fiancé still has all his old wedding, honeymoon and beyond photos on file and fb
He says he was never happy with her, but keeps the photos. Then next thing he talks about the good times. That he still cares.
At first I even had to listen to him say how he still loved her and always would to a degree
I know part of this is jealousy but why shouldn’t I be upset when he still has all these folders of pics of them together and I struggle to get him to take pics with me half the time

I tried confiding in friends and all but get told I’m wrong and should let him keep them

I just feel so low and I want to hurt myself

O

OCDguy

I think I can understand him wanting to keep these pictures, but the reluctance of taking pictures of you is a bit of a mystery. Does he have a fixation of looking at these pictures? Does his x now have another half? :hug:

O

OCDguy

Ahhh well it's one thing to keep old wedding photos, another to keep looking at them ;) You could always approach the subject from another angle... what is it about the photos that are important to him.... could it be a key time in his life, or because they feature him and his x? ;)

PinkCandyFloss

PinkCandyFloss

He wasn’t happy throughout his marriage, regrets it and says he doesn’t care anymore. So to me it doesn’t make sense to keep all the photos if he was miserable

G

Girl interupted

Maybe he keeps the photos to remind himself of what he does not ever want to experience again?

O

OCDguy

Marriage is a big point in time in someone's life, and the majority of people see it as a achievement (probably), irrespective of how it panned out... all that money spent on a occasion etc... does he have children by his first wife? His reluctance to take photos with you does seem a bit unexplained, but it could be the photos were purely of and around the time of the big day (assuming), and photos are no longer that important to him. Perhaps photos of his next marriage will take precedent over his old ones... perhaps best to just ask and understand where he is at regarding all of this :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Self Harm Forum 12
vanish Self Harm Forum 2
P Self Harm Forum 3