• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Struggling today, needed somewhere to go

merrida

merrida

I thought I had my borderline under control until today. I had a fight with my daughter on the phone, she is 21 and at college. I feel awful!!!

My mom says my daughter will get over it but I want to beg her to forgive me even though it wasn't all my fault.

I feel like crap. God, I have to go to work tomorrow and I don't want to now. I hate that she is mad at me. I'm afraid I'm going to lose her. I know that is the borderline talking but I'm scared.

Thanks for reading this.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi merrida, welcome to the forum.
Your daughter might be mad at herself more, for not being able to handle the situation as she would have liked to.
The relationship can only get better between the two of you.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Merrida and welcome,

Hope you are feeling better than you were and that everything is okay.

merrida

merrida

I am feeling better today. I still feel bad about the argument. I hate fighting with people I love especially when I feel like I let them down. I have decided not to think about my daughter right now, it just upsets me. I am not going to think about her, I have other things to think about. I have to get up early for work tomorrow and make it through a work day.

I've been practicing relaxation techniques today. I think that has really helped.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Glad to hear you're feeling better and that your relaxation techniques are helping. It's never nice suffering the aftermath of a fight or argument but hopefully things will ease and all will be well again. It sounds as though you've enough to deal with and hopefully work will distract you. I wish you well.

merrida

merrida

I am very sensitive. I like my life drama free. I do have enough to deal with. I am single and live on what I make, myself. I have my hands full.

I just hope that J gets over this. Our cat died last week and I made an arrangement with the neighbor for him to come bury our kitty. Well, with our busy schedules, we could not get together until yesterday. We tried to bury him and the ground was frozen by then. J is furious with me. She said I should have made other arrangements to bury him. She said I was unreliable.

:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I don't blame you for wanting a drama free life, especially when you're very busy.

Sorry to hear about your cat. An argument about it must have been the last thing you needed. Hopefully your daughter will see sense and realise that plans sometimes, even with the best of intentions, don't always work out too well. Perhaps she was just upset about your cat dying or having a particularly bad day. We can all say things in the heat of the moment that we don't really mean. A couple of days too cool off might be all that's needed.

merrida

merrida

I hope you are right. I really do.

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
C

clyde

Sorry to hear that merrida. Don't worry everything will be okay.