• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Struggling to recover

D

desperatebaker

I recently stopped counting calories and this has lead to a lot of binge eating. I am around food a lot because my mom started a baking business a few months ago and I help her everyday. I had anorexia for a few months before the pandemic. Being trapped in my house by the pandemic for a few months helped my eat more and gain a little weight. I began to cry A LOT because of what I ate. I got in a pretty good mental state by September, then Thanksgiving came along. All of the food and the stupid Holiday products that said “limited edition” caused me to eat a lot and I was pretty overwhelmed. I began purging and that continued for a few months. Two weeks ago, I stopped counting calories completely and mostly stopped purging. I am now struggling with binge eating and I hate it. When I’m baking things, I just keep eating little bits until I have obviously eaten way too much and tasted nothing (and I end up crying). I think it is probably because I have been monitoring every little thing I ate for the last two years and now I have no limits. I don’t know what to do and I would like some advice.

T

TravelingSparrow

If u previously had anorexia, then to kinda makes sense ur in a long phase there ur eating more than u expect or want. It’s gunna take a while for ur brain and body to relax and trust that u will allow it food when needed and not deprived it suddenly. So be kind to yourself. U and ur body been through a lot.
At the same time it’s true that binging can become habit and the more sugar and unhealthy food you eat, the more you will crave it.
Small slow changes usually work best. Trying to like suddenly make a big change will probably just lead back to binging. But slow changes gives ur brain time to relearn and adjust. Also mindfulness exercises could help.
Good luck

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

At the same time it’s true that binging can become habit and the more sugar and unhealthy food you eat, the more you will crave it.
Good luck
sugar is a drug that creates dopamine addiction

no different then heroine

the whole world is addicted to it

the capitalist corporations are putting it in everything

and sugar control laws get repealed by the fat republicans who are all dying of obesity