• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

struggling to recover

C

Clarke5

Hi,

I have had this problem from around the age of 13, i am now 19, i went for counselling years ago as i was in a really bad place, i had goals of weight, wanted to get my hands round my thighs, so i was ill back them, as the years have gone on i thought i was fine, but if i took a step back and had a think i knew i wasn't still have the fear of food and gaining weight, i want to be healthy and happy and i want to enjoy my life, but this controls it. I fear of having 3 meals, i have to train if i eat meals, i will choose the healthy option over the bad option ( even if i wanted it )but my brain controls me, i have 2 voices in my head, one saying no and one saying yes ( angel and devil and they've been there ever since my problem started. I struggle speaking face to face as i think people will judge me and because im not stick thini feel asif i dont have a problem anymore... But i do and im fed up of being so negative. Its so hard because i wish my parents understood aswell as my boyfriend but they dont, which makes it much harder, my stress and anxiety is through the roof. I have had constant migrances for 2 years due to this and always find i pull at my kneck and chest and worse times.
I just want to be a happy teen, but this takes over.

D

Daringdan

I used to have body image issues but i gradually began to care less and less about it so that it would not stress me out. My point is, how you feel now, you can change a lot. I mean, I still care about diet and exercise I just don't stress anymore so there is hope.

C

Clarke5

I still struggle with body image! I hate getting ready and having plans! Because I hate myself, i feel as though I need someone to train my brain

D

Daringdan

It is generally true, I think, that you are much better looking than you think you are.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello Clarke and welcome to the forum. I think you would benefit from treatment at an eating disorder clinic. I would go to your GP and request it. How much you weigh is not an indication of you being well.

M

Mary26

"I want to be happy and healthy and enjoy my life" is pretty abstract. What would that mean specifically? I ask because in my experience, the more concrete and specific your goals are, the easier it is to recover. Example of a strong goal? I was offered the leading role in a movie opposite Brad Pitt (sigh) contingent on my recovery. Now that person will likely recover. lol But seriously, my goal was to have a baby and I wanted it more than i wanted to be the thinnest person in the room. What do you want?