• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

struggling to look after myself

M

mickeymoo

I'm a single mum and Im really sruggling to look after myself at the moment.

I can't remember what Im supposed to be doing when, when my daughters supposed to be in nursery and when Im supposed to pick her up. I know the time but when I look at my watch the numbers dont make sense, it like Ive forgotton to tell the time.

I go to the kitchen and find a half made cup pf tea thats gone cold because Ive been distracted and I forget to eat.

I have to repeatedly check everything because I cant remember doing it and sometimes I sort of have a start and im somewhere I donteven remember how I got there.

I have to make lists for everything, right down to putting make a drink on them but then I forget where I put my list or when I check my list I cant remember doing it and then I have to go round checking everything again.

I am always late because I have to keep checking stuff.

I have to get up 2 hrs before my daughter goes to school so I have time to go over everything again and again.

What can I do? I feel in such a mess and my life is just on hold because im wasting it

Rosepoet

Rosepoet

Dont give up keep taking it a day at a time. Your daughter s you and try fine someone to talk to. These are help lines i too fine it hard i am alone with two kids. I feel disasociated from myself. I sleep till twelve after kids have gone schooland them tidy house and start dinner. I just in with how i feel. He its a bad day i sleep. Or watch tell.y. I do not feel Like me any more.

T

TOONAFISH

((((mickeymoo))))

i know the feeling.

ok a few things you can do. put reminders in your fone for daily reminder ten mins before you have to get ready to go out, then another for ten mins before you have to be at nursery and the same for when you have to pick her up. (it does work i do it)

get a pin board , or wipe board ( i also do this) to write stuff on

make a chart, breakfast lunch, tea and tick it off when you have had.
i also write on what is for tea so i know in advance what i have to make and can get the shopping list done.

and also come on here to get some support. your head just is jumbled at the minute, it will sort itself out. it is a struggle when you are like that so dont beat yourslef up

:grouphug:

M

mickeymoo

thanks for advice, I am hoping I will start to improve when I see a psychiatrsit which is wed. My emergency appt. took a month to come through so I am on emergency medication which prob isn't right. Plus I was prescribed diazepam to see me through until my appt but that ran out 2 weeks ago and they wont prescribe anymore. Joke isnt' it!

Just feel like I have cracked up! And I just can't figure out whats true at the moment

S

skyblue

I'm a single mum and Im really sruggling to look after myself at the moment.

I can't remember what Im supposed to be doing when, when my daughters supposed to be in nursery and when Im supposed to pick her up. I know the time but when I look at my watch the numbers dont make sense, it like Ive forgotton to tell the time.

I go to the kitchen and find a half made cup pf tea thats gone cold because Ive been distracted and I forget to eat.

I have to repeatedly check everything because I cant remember doing it and sometimes I sort of have a start and im somewhere I donteven remember how I got there.

I have to make lists for everything, right down to putting make a drink on them but then I forget where I put my list or when I check my list I cant remember doing it and then I have to go round checking everything again.

I am always late because I have to keep checking stuff.

I have to get up 2 hrs before my daughter goes to school so I have time to go over everything again and again.

What can I do? I feel in such a mess and my life is just on hold because im wasting it

Mickey,

I'm doing exactly the same as you. I do have a partner but I hardly ever see him, maybe 2 hrs late in the evening if I'm VERY lucky. Unfortunately, he can't help me out because of work and also he can't help me much when he gets home, because for one it's far too late and the other is because he works as a Plasterer, he is physcially and mentally drained and falls asleep:(. I know it's not he's fault though.
I feel like a single mum because I have to run the home and look after 2 children, do the chores, drive them to school, make their dinners, make sure they're clean, take them to their clubs which they love, etc. I have to do EVERYTHING myself.

Like you, I have to continuously check everything, at times I feel like I'm suffering from OCD as well as all the rest. I keep forgetting and I have to always make lists.

I know how hard it is Mickey - I hate this illness SO much :cry:.

You're not alone with this.

Once you have seen your Psychiatrist appointment on Wednesday, he should then prescribe you the right medication that will work for you.

I'm currently having to take all the medications again, as I messed up, I'm back to square one, which is why I'm having these similar symptoms. Once the medication starts working properly again, I should hopefully be alright and so will you.

Good luck with your appointment :hug:

Last edited:
S

skyblue

Oh and by the way, I too am struggling to look after myself because I have to look after two children first. I look a mess, I'm not washing properly, not eating properly (because I forget).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Bipolar Forum 4
angel1982 Bipolar Forum 2
B Bipolar Forum 2
letmein Bipolar Forum 15
N Bipolar Forum 1