• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Struggling to keep going

J

johnathon84

Hello everyone i just wanted to come on here and vent i hope to not upset or trigger anybody i just could do with some advice from you guys. Im going throu8gh a very difficult time right now. I am spending my time sitting at home all day and im afraid to go out of the house im on two different anti depressants both at morning and night. Im soon to be unemployed which does not concern me too much as i feel i will benefit from some freedom. My problem is though that im afraid to go out of the house and i find myself sitting at home all day long. I will go shopping three times a week if i can find the courage to leave my home otherwise i will order online and have it delivered. I just feel like everyday is an endless cycle. Its the same thing every day. I literally wake up and turn on my computer and play games all day aswell as watching tv. My sleeping pattern is all over the place and i struggle to go out to see family. I have huge panic attacks. Im just not sure how much longer i can go on with this. Im really struggling right now and dont know what to do about it. Does anybody have any advice and has anybody gone through anything similar?. Thank you for reading everyone.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
maybe get some art stuff or some other stuff to do in the day to mix it up. is there a nice park you could try to walk to if you can or something as well.

P

Patrick D

I'm in the very same way Jonathon, endless emptiness and same routine most days.. and its a living hell... I have no real answers.. but I do take some solace from knowing I'm not alone.. this forum might be good for me, writing this stuff down is cathartic.. talk with others in a similar place and it doesn't seem so dark.

katya

katya

I know it's hard, but please try to go out as much as you can; the more you do it, the more easy it will get. Maybe once every three/two/one day(s), depending on how well you're feeling? Then you can build up.

Thankfully, the weather's getting nicer so you might want to start going out for runs or something? That way, you're outside and you're exercising, so it's almost like killing two birds with one stone.

I know it's easier said than done. It's a horribly vicious cycle. Wish you all the best.

J

johnathon84

Thank you for your advice everybody. At the moment i dont feel well enough to be going outside at all and my next appontment with my GP is over a week away now. Im just terrified of the panic attacks that come along with stepping foot outiside of my front door. I feel i get to the steps and cant go any further so i turn around and come back in doors. My bedroom is pretty much my safe haven right now. I know it may not sound like a big deal but i want to go into the back garden and kick a ball with my dog but even the past few days i have found that difficult. I didnt realise i felt as bad as i did.

Welcome to the forum Patrick. Yeah we all have similar experiences on here. Iv only been on here a couple of days myself and have had so much sound advice from a lot of folks on here. Youre definately not alone Patrick theres always people on here to give their advice and help you out. I myself am on here scouting some of the subjects pretty much every day.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and advice.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Depression Forum 7
S Depression Forum 6
B Depression Forum 10
B Depression Forum 5
W Depression Forum 5