• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Struggling to ignore head

mami5

mami5

Much the same, head wants me dead. Tells me nobody cares anyway so might as well die. Thanks for asking.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
My head talks to me too, best not to listen, if like mine then it has it's own agenda and it's a toxic one at that.

You've stayed so strong for a long time, I hope you can carry on ignoring it.

May I ask how you ignore it so well?

mami5

mami5

Hi, I can't always ignore it and that is when I end up self harming, like the other night. It is a real struggle especially when head is loud and strong.

I'm really scared to be honest, one day it will win and I will kill myself. Have come close many times and been told I'm lucky to still be alive. Wanting to die on a daily basis is not a way to live though.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Hi, I can't always ignore it and that is when I end up self harming, like the other night. It is a real struggle especially when head is loud and strong.

I'm really scared to be honest, one day it will win and I will kill myself. Have come close many times and been told I'm lucky to still be alive. Wanting to die on a daily basis is not a way to live though.
I think I am lucky to be alive too. It has been excruciating on many occasions but generally hard each day. I don't know why. Luckily years are flying by so soon we will be dead anyway. We all have to keep going one day at a time and hope. I see myself sleeping in shop doorways one day. Frightening isn't it, the fear of totally giving up.

I understand sadly 🤗 not the best life is it but it is ok sometimes.

mami5

mami5

I'm sorry you go through this too. It is not good.

Am I expecting too much when I want a better life for myself? One without these negative voices in my head expecting me to die. I don't want this anymore. But how do I get rid?

Please

someone

help me

I beg you.

mami5

mami5

Talking to myself.

Got to accept there is no help. Nothing will change. Never does. Never will.

Might as well die now.

Don't enjoy life like this.

HLon99

HLon99

Negative thoughts are like quicksand, if you struggle they will pull you in deeper. Stop! Take a breather, get a good footing on your situation. Grab onto something and slowly and carefully pull yourself out.

If you can't do this yourself, get help from someone. Call your therapist if you have one, or a crisi line if you don't.

K

karl7

My head keeps telling me to die, and makes it sound like it is a good idea. It has me convinced. Living like this is no life worth having. I'm struggling with it all as it gets louder and stronger. I'm scared what it will make me do.
suicide is never the answer......like others here i have had severe depression and have been suicidal alot. BUT what you have to know is that you will get better, depression will pass, and when it does you will be much the stronger for it.....suicide only destroys those left behind.....are you seeing a therapist....meds can help.....remember depression will pass....that is one thing i would have wanted to know when i aws badly depressed.

mami5

mami5

I'm taking meds and have a CPN. I've been having these voices/thoughts for a few years now. They are there throughout the day EVERY day. It is hard to live with them and wanting to die all the time is not a life worth having. Unfortunately it is more than a depressive phase I'm going through. CPN and other professionals just don't know how to help me, and neither do I. I have no hope of getting better, there is no light at the end of the tunnel, it is never ending. I am the only one who can end, and there is only one way. Head is making plans, fine tuning the small print at the moment. Shouldn't be long now.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I'm sorry you're feeling so low, I hope things improve for you soon. It may help to have a look at these two pages on the forum: Suicidal Crisis and Mental Health Forum - Getting Help about what to do if you're feeling suicidal, or if you need emergency help. I hope you can use the forum for support during this difficult time.

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.