Struggling to find a reason to live.

A

AC24

I have always loved dancing. It’s as if I feel free when I dance. I started dancing when I was a kid and continued until I was in high school and up to my early college years. I joined competitions locally and I was happy whether I win or lose. As much as I love dancing, I had to stop. I got into an accident few months ago that cost me my passion. My friends and I were on our way to a Ukraine ski trip when the accident happened. Everything happened in a blur and I just knew that our car had crashed and I woke up being paralyzed down. I don’t know how I should live my life right now. I have been undergoing therapy for a year and a half now but I’m only improving at a minimal rate. The doctors tell me that I may never walk again. I’m struggling to find a reason to live because I see how much everyone else is affected with my current situation and it breaks me more seeing them suffering because of me.

L

Little-Loss-Soul2

That's a real low blow. I believe your friends and family are hurt seeing how much u stuggle. When u come to a place of finding peace and happiness I'm sure they will too. I'm going be the world's largest hypocrite here. Never give up! you liked to dance then dance. Find a way to dance weather it's just moving your hands in the air or something else. Worse thing u can do is let your disability define you. The moment you give up is the moment you loose your happiness. Let me tell you happiness is the world's greatest gift. I hope this was able to help you. honestly I have no idea at all what you are going through. But I believe you are able to push yourself and find an innovative way to be happy. Cheers

S

sadsadsad

I was just having a quick Google and there is such a thing as wheelchair dancing. There are a lot of clubs around and competitions.

YouTube

YouTube

Last edited:
J

JCPraha

Difficult Situation

I have always loved dancing. It’s as if I feel free when I dance. I started dancing when I was a kid and continued until I was in high school and up to my early college years. I joined competitions locally and I was happy whether I win or lose. As much as I love dancing, I had to stop. I got into an accident few months ago that cost me my passion. My friends and I were on our way to a Ukraine ski trip when the accident happened. Everything happened in a blur and I just knew that our car had crashed and I woke up being paralyzed down. I don’t know how I should live my life right now. I have been undergoing therapy for a year and a half now but I’m only improving at a minimal rate. The doctors tell me that I may never walk again. I’m struggling to find a reason to live because I see how much everyone else is affected with my current situation and it breaks me more seeing them suffering because of me.
The situation you are in is super difficult. I can fully understand what you are saying. No one will have any easy answers for you. You can only find some different type of activities you can do with your upper body that gives you some gratification. You are doing well to survive. Anyone would have a difficult time in your situation. To say the least.

A

AC24

The situation you are in is super difficult. I can fully understand what you are saying. No one will have any easy answers for you. You can only find some different type of activities you can do with your upper body that gives you some gratification. You are doing well to survive. Anyone would have a difficult time in your situation. To say the least.
Yeah, gonna figure about it. but dancing is really my life.

A

AC24

That's a real low blow. I believe your friends and family are hurt seeing how much u stuggle. When u come to a place of finding peace and happiness I'm sure they will too. I'm going be the world's largest hypocrite here. Never give up! you liked to dance then dance. Find a way to dance weather it's just moving your hands in the air or something else. Worse thing u can do is let your disability define you. The moment you give up is the moment you loose your happiness. Let me tell you happiness is the world's greatest gift. I hope this was able to help you. honestly I have no idea at all what you are going through. But I believe you are able to push yourself and find an innovative way to be happy. Cheers
This is really mind-changing. At some point, you made me feel I should never give up because something good is just coming my way. Thank you so much for these words!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Depression Forum 7
C Depression Forum 16
T Depression Forum 9
N Depression Forum 5
P Depression Forum 11