• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Struggling to fake a smile

AvadaKedavra15

AvadaKedavra15

It used to be easy to fake a smile and tell everyone I'm okay and now when I need to most I can't. It's taking so much for me to continue. I'm paranoid everyone is talking about me behind my back, im trying so hard to be this happy character but all I can think of is negative thoughts. I've tried all the techniques I've used in the past but nothing is working. I'm losing control 😔

D

Daringdan

I struggle with paranoia. Part of the struggle is knowing when to share something of what I'm going through and when to try and let difficult background thoughts go, favoring the circumstances of my choosing over whatever happens to be bothering me. Sometimes I wonder if I am being honest when I try to obscure my illness but in my defense (and perhaps in yours) I try to make the life I want and not to play into the illness. I can only say be as forthcoming as you are comfortable being.

AvadaKedavra15

AvadaKedavra15

I struggle to tell people how I'm feeling and I can always feel I need to be strong and independent. Asking for help is so hard

T

treasurebox

Listening to music helps. Listen to good and uplifting songs on youtube.

soul searching

soul searching

Hi AvadaKedavra15! Have you tried attacking your paranoid thought with logic. Like "it is bizarre to think these people are all talking about me" " there is no reason for these people to act so strangely"? It helps me. Whatever works. Music and exercise to break the chain of bad thoughts. :grouphug:

P

Purpleplum

Are you getting any exercise? Taking walks, taking deep breaths, stretching. The mind and the body work together.

As far as thinking people are talking about you, remember this: nobody cares. People care primarily about themselves...they don't waste their energy for much otherwise.

And if people ever DID talk about you, remember, they are to be pitied because it means their lives are very shallow and they are trying to feel better about themselves by making others feel worse.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

"And if people ever DID talk about you, remember, they are to be pitied because it means their lives are very shallow and they are trying to feel better about themselves by making others feel worse."

Wise words of wisdom.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Are you getting any exercise? Taking walks, taking deep breaths, stretching. The mind and the body work together.

As far as thinking people are talking about you, remember this: nobody cares. People care primarily about themselves...they don't waste their energy for much otherwise.

And if people ever DID talk about you, remember, they are to be pitied because it means their lives are very shallow and they are trying to feel better about themselves by making others feel worse.
I do exercise by taking walks. Sometimes I can walk eight miles in a day.

AvadaKedavra15

AvadaKedavra15

Thank you all for your kind words

L

lifecangetbetter

It used to be easy to fake a smile and tell everyone I'm okay and now when I need to most I can't. It's taking so much for me to continue. I'm paranoid everyone is talking about me behind my back, im trying so hard to be this happy character but all I can think of is negative thoughts. I've tried all the techniques I've used in the past but nothing is working. I'm losing control 😔
Same here. I used to be able to pretend but now I'm like this zombie. People at work will be laughing and joke with each other and SOMEHOW my mind computes it negatively. How old are you if I may ask?