• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Struggling to cope with DID

jems89

jems89

I've been diagnosed with DID and I'm really struggling to cope with it, I feel like failure in life, I feel like I've never fit in :(

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

hiya

sorry your struggling

sending many hugs to you xxxxx

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Huge hugs to you jems89.
When i was diagnosed with BPD, i felt relieved because i could finally identify with something and start to recognise things.
It's fantastic that you have shared this x much love to you x

calypso

calypso

Admin
Iknow another member on here with DID, I'll see if she can talk with you and help you better than I can.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Hello,

I'm the member that Calypso was talking about. I have DID. I've had it for sometime from years of childhood abuse. If you have any questions I'm here to talk. I may be a little late replying as I'm from the US and I also work full time. I try to get on here at my lunch but sometimes I cant.

When I was diagnosed, I felt like a complete failure as well.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Undervelocity Struggling and feeling like im close to insanity Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 5
M Tired of struggling to exist around people. Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 11
H Struggling not to dissociate Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 5
W Confused and still struggling Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 8
D How does everyone here cope with dissociation? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 4
F How to cope with what I think de personalisation Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 1
M Daughter with DiD? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 5
thebufftumblr Did and Never Sleeping Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 2
S what actually seperates DID from OSDD1a? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 15
K is DID the same thing as maladaptive daydreaming Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 4
B Dissociation/DID Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 2
K Beauty After Bruises: DID Myths & Misconceptions Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 2
C DID is a spectrum? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 11
A DID questions (about meeting ppl you don't know, but knows you) Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 1
Archimedes Growing up with DID, a child’s experience. Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 6
Ritual Abuse Survivor TW: complex DID mind control programmes Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 0
Ritual Abuse Survivor TW: intentionally inflicted DID alters Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 1
Catty5 Depression with dissociative symptoms. Did anyone have it? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 86
P Diagnosed with DID but i am unsure. Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 6
nomask DID and may be getting ECT. Anyone have experiences? (anyone with OSDD-1, too) Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 5
R Spouse coping with DID? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 1
B DID only when angry, or is it something else? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 3
snowfreckled For the hosts in a D.I.D. system - how and when did your alters reveal themselves to you? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 3
G Is there anyone here formally diagnosed with DID? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 15
G DID Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 0
R pretty sure i have DID Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 2
A DID? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 2
A Did you try: Focusing, Image Streaming or Mindfulness? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 0
L DID Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 10
A Questions about DID Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 4
E Could this be related to DID? (mentions a resurfaced memory but without details) Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 2
SoggySlippers Faking DID? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 50
Fluffymum Why isn't there a DID forum? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 2
rookie2012 DID...? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 2
cassandra36 Question to anyone with DID. Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 6
I Dating Someone with DID? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 3
rasselas.redux DID - an apology Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 8
Mister.B This is hard to watch, but it's an important insight into the how DID feels. Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 42
Angels_Fire What SHE did!! Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 18
Fluffymum Any DID (multiples) out there? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 20
Lincoln1990 Now that's settled a while...DID Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 7
Mister.B Explaining why an alter/other did what a alter/other does? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 5
E DID help maybe i have?? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 1
Colourful Panda DID/DDNOS - Do you plan to integrate or not? Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation 10