• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

struggling to cope with bpd

MissAylo

MissAylo

Hello! Im new to this forum so hello everyone- i was diagnosed with bpd 3 months ago after my husband divorced me im only 24 years old- i have always suffered from impulses and bad bad mood swings and feelings that i struggle to cope with and find overwhelming! I always thought i just had a crazy and nasty personality until i decided that i couldnt continue to live like this and sought help- im struggling to come to terms with it- i am pushing everyone away i feel like giving up i just ruin everything the horrid moods come all of a sudden over something so silly!! Ive just finished group therapy for coping skills i dont feel it helped when i was diagnosed they said i had emotional dysfunction but when i went ti the therapy i was then in a group of everyone with borderline this is how i found out all symptoms fit with me sadly when u feel happy i think i dont have borderline but then i get bought back to reality when i sink again!! I dont feel like i have my own wants and desires it depends who i am with and what they are doing my values and opinions change all of the time how can i live with being this way forever :(

MagicJay

MagicJay

Hi MissAylo
I'm sorry to hear your struggling and recent divorce that must of been a lot of stress, I'm 24 like you I was diagnosed with cyclothymia 4 years ago but seen a lot of different psychiatrists at my hospital which haven't helped finally been given a higher staff, he diagnosed me with cyclothymia and BPD specially with I have unstable emotions which before I never looked at but looking at it a lot of the symptoms fit.

I have tried CBT and group therapy didn't help me not even a little bit, he said next step for me is DBT which I don't have any faith in either. I believe you and I can get better and even thought nothing has worked up to yet we need that hope.

It is very hard when you get brought back down feels like it breaks your hope every single time :( and I'm the same not knowing who I really am because I act and feel different according to whom I'm with.

Just remember your not alone, hope been here helps :).

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum. :hi:
BPD is a real up/down and back around again kind of illness to have.
The healing journey is never a straight path, more like a labyrinth, if that makes sense.
I hope you find this forum helpful for you though. You're among people who can understand how it feels.

N

nataliewxx

Hiya, just read your post and really related to the part where u said your opinions change depending on who youre with. I am exactly the same..I feel like ive got different personalities depending on who I am with. Also the amount of ridiculous wreckless things ive done are unreal. If you want to talk feel free to pm me. Take care x

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T Just diagnosed with BPD and struggling to cope on a daily basis Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
S Struggling to cope with life Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
E Struggling to cope with life Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
S Struggling to cope with Wife's depression and mania Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
Fairy Lucretia struggling with trust x Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
E Struggling to get my doctors to listen to my symptoms Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
S struggling recently Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
T I’m struggling with boyfriends BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
A Struggling... Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 27
Fairy Lucretia imreally really struggling tonight Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
Llamacoints Struggling. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
C Struggling with meds and bpd. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
mami5 Struggling with suicidal thoughts. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 684
F Struggling on a different level than before Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
B Struggling with motivation and recovery Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
Fairy Lucretia Boyfriend struggling with MH. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
Bluejay7500 struggling with knowing what im saying Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
F I’m struggling Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
T New..hi... struggling Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 25
D Struggling work home life Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
N Struggling with CMHT Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
S Feeling intense struggling to calm down Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
L Struggling to accept life after years of trying to kill myself. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
Halle29 Really struggling (also confused about diagnosis) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
L Struggling Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
S Struggling and losing control Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
W Break up, I have bpd (suspected) Im struggling was it all me? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
mami5 Struggling to ignore head Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 31
L Really struggling at the moment Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 19
D really struggling at min and my sleep shows it Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
G Getting back on track and struggling Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
G Struggling to keep my relationship stable Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
K struggling Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
V Struggling today. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 17
D Struggling with my emotions Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 37
S Really struggling - want to disappear Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
K I have BPD and I am struggling Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
Koi1971 Struggling Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
JSUMN Have been struggling with a 'favorite person' for about a year now Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
O Struggling to forgive myself Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 34
D Struggling Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 26
L For anyone struggling right now Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
S Struggling Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
P Struggling to accept BPD as a suggested diagnosis Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 17
B Struggling Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
A Struggling to see the good in people... Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 21
W Help, i am unsure if i am struggling with bpd... Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
T BPD -- Favorite Person -- Struggling right now. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
1 Struggling to engage ect. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 23
1 Struggling again. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1