• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Struggling to cope ( long post )

M

MacLeod

Lately I've been struggling badly with stuff. I have moderate depression ( so doctors say ) and I feel completely lost in life and have been for many years I've been out of work now over 4 years and this bothers me terribly. I have to go to this place called Seetec everyday ( I'm sure some will know of it its related to the job centre ) to do what ever they tell me to do really and it makes me worse and worse they have me on this course at the moment which is pointless in all honesty and I'm starting to lose the will to live I really am. Don't get me wrong I'd love to get back to work ( how ever much it terrifies me ) because I do feel it might help but getting a job that's right for me and more importantly my head seems impossible so my options are very limited and if I end up back doing something I hate for the rest of my life, well it won't be a long life. So here I am now lost, confused and no were to turn its not a good feeling and I'm starting to lose weight yet again and these are just horrible feeling to have and I don't know what or were to turn.

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think maybe focus more on getting yourself in a well and happy place, before stressing about work! I understand that it feels demoralising to be off work. I have always worked and I feel like shit now I don't. But the fact is I can't until my head is in a better place, and I sense you are similar to me in that respect?

Have you thought about training to do something?? maybe once you feel better you could retrain to do a job you would like to do??

B

buttercup32

My heart goes out to you. 4 years is a long time x

katya

katya

Lately I've been struggling badly with stuff. I have moderate depression ( so doctors say ) and I feel completely lost in life and have been for many years I've been out of work now over 4 years and this bothers me terribly. I have to go to this place called Seetec everyday ( I'm sure some will know of it its related to the job centre ) to do what ever they tell me to do really and it makes me worse and worse they have me on this course at the moment which is pointless in all honesty and I'm starting to lose the will to live I really am. Don't get me wrong I'd love to get back to work ( how ever much it terrifies me ) because I do feel it might help but getting a job that's right for me and more importantly my head seems impossible so my options are very limited and if I end up back doing something I hate for the rest of my life, well it won't be a long life. So here I am now lost, confused and no were to turn its not a good feeling and I'm starting to lose weight yet again and these are just horrible feeling to have and I don't know what or were to turn.
Have you told your GP how you feel? It sounds as though you're being pushed into something you're not ready for. It's okay to take time off to heal. Then you could give these badgering people a sick note and be done with them, hopefully.

Wish you all the best. You don't deserve to feel like this.

E

Emmer

Are you not on esa? With moderate depression you can't be going on some course every day. Is that part of esa wrag or jsa?

Moderate depression is sheer hell and once it's over you will need months to recover. I've been off of work on and off for about twelve years because I kept getting depressed. You need to have no stress.

SarahD

SarahD

Hi MacLeod

Sounds like you are in WRAG, they have these companies that torment unwell people. I am surprised that you have to go every day. Is it just for this course?

If you could get additional evidence you could try to get into the Support Group. You would have to ask for a reconsideration, if that failed you would have to Appeal. But it may be time limited, in which case you would have to start again with a new claim.

Since you are becoming more unwell again I think you should go back and have a good talk to your GP. Maybe you can get signed off, and also get some more support.

M

MacLeod

Thanks everyone for the support

I'm currently on ESA and have been signed off for a while now with a sick note but I'm on somthing called work related programme why I'm not to sure. So because of this I have to this place Seetec which feels 10x worse than the job centre and normally I have to go 3 time a week and I have to apply for 5 jobs each day. and now I've been put on this 2 week course which like I said so far it's pointless.

I've never heard of this WRAG which sounds lovely but anyway regarding my moderate depression I've had this on and off ( mainly on ) since I was 14 anyway going to Seetec always and I mean always puts me In low and miserable place then the days I'm not there I start to pick up not always but most times then I go there and bang straight down again moody, miserable, annoyed, frustrated well a lot really.

I have spoken to the job centre before and apparently the only people on ESA that are Not on the work programme have to be severally disabled or have no hope of ever working again ( hope that made sense ) and like I said don't know what to do all I can do is plod on and hope all goes well.

Thanks again everyone.