• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Struggling massively - any advice appreciated!

R

rbbas1997

Hi everyone!
I’m having another big anxiety flare up at the moment - my first one since last year. I was put on 10mg of citalopram last year and I’ve just been moved up to 20mg. I take propranolol 20mg when I have physical anxiety which is the only thing that seems to make me feel normal and relaxed at the moment. I’m self employed and seriously worried about how my anxiety is going to affect my income and my business this month. Do I just take the propranolol every day? It was given to me to take when needed not on a day to day basis and I’m worried that I’m going to become reliant on it and it’s not actually solving the problem of my anxiety. Im also really struggling to eat at the moment just feeling nauseous constantly. Does anyone have any advice in regards to getting some food down me, how to deal with this rough patch and the propranalol problem I have?
Thanks in advance

L

loggiemod

Are there any foods or liquid (e.g. smoothies, soup) that don't make you feel nauseous? If so concentrate on those. I've found that when I get like that I tend towards junk food like chocolate or crisps which at least get something inside me. Not good for long term but as a short term it works. Regarding the propranolol I've never been described it, but I would suggest try to avoid it every day, otherwise you won't feel the benefit. Is there anything in particular setting you off? I am currently working with a counsellor to try and identify my triggers so that may be something that would help. I realise as a fellow sufferer that things like counselling are not immediate answers but hopefully long term gain. Be strong and try and ride this out and if there is someone to talk to who will listen then that will likely help.

R

rbbas1997

I might try and get a smoothie today actually and see how that goes down. I’ve tried soup and I couldn’t even swallow it.
I have absolutely no idea what’s setting me off at the moment to be honest. And that’s what’s not helping either is I don’t know what it is - I’m waiting for my extra bit of citalopram to kick in and hoping I’ll be alright after that I always have these flare ups but I’ve never had one last this long before and I can’t see a way out at the moment. I’ve had counselling before but money is an issue for me at the moment and I’ve never really got along with the free counselling services offered to me or CBT :low:

L

loggiemod

I do hope that the meds kick-in soon for you - I get like that sometimes as well and have an idea how you feel

Spawn600

Spawn600

I take them propranolol tablets daily and they have helped with my anxiety. Keep taking them tablets and they will kick in. Hope things get better for you.

A

Awmcfc

@Spawn600 how many do you take a day and how long did they take to work please?