• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Struggling. Confused and I keep screwing up

S

supremekai123

Do to 4 failed antidepressants I've been struggling alot with anxiety depression and derealization. I have no idea why but the past 2 months I keep drinking every 4th day... I try not to drink but I always screw up and feel terribly depressed the next day. I have quit alcohol for years and sadly that wasn't the cause of depression but it can't be helping. I'm trying to clean up my diet to see if my anxiety and depression goes away but Im finding it nearly immpossable to stop eating junk, pop and beer. I'm thinking that I should just try a different anti depressant ? I'm beyond frusterated I'm stuck in this depressed and anxious state.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am really sorry you are dealing with anxiety, depression and derealization. It can take time to find an antidepressant that helps. For me an antidepressant just takes away the edge of the depression but I still feel depressed and have times were I have clinical depression. I have found therapy to be the most helpful. I do not know if that is something you would like to try.

M

MouthyOne

Can relate to some of this.

The thing with alcohol and junk food is that they are addictive. With alcohol it lessens depression and anxiety for a period then it heightens both afterwards. I'm about done with the stuff as it's really not worth the hassle anymore, need a longer term approach.

With junk food it's the same in that it's a quick release of serotonin. Your body will crave more the more you eat. There is a lot of science that goes into junk food, particularly processed foods where big companies hire food scientists to put the right amount of sugar, salt and fat to make it desirable.

T

treasurebox

Know that better days are coming. You have it in you to overcome depression. Just take it one day at a time. Listening to good and uplifting music helps me think and feel better. Doing what you love to do or doing what you are good at will bring happiness and excitement to you. What are you good at and what do you love to do? Is it cooking, baking, singing, doing arts and crafts, writing and others. Do it and you will be able to add positivity in your life.

S

supremekai123

Know that better days are coming. You have it in you to overcome depression. Just take it one day at a time. Listening to good and uplifting music helps me think and feel better. Doing what you love to do or doing what you are good at will bring happiness and excitement to you. What are you good at and what do you love to do? Is it cooking, baking, singing, doing arts and crafts, writing and others. Do it and you will be able to add positivity in your life.
thanks for the reply but its a more severe case of depression and anxiety than that. when its this bad people dont love anything. music, games, movies nothing brings us joy once when we are that far down with our brain health

S

supremekai123

Can relate to some of this.

The thing with alcohol and junk food is that they are addictive. With alcohol it lessens depression and anxiety for a period then it heightens both afterwards. I'm about done with the stuff as it's really not worth the hassle anymore, need a longer term approach.

With junk food it's the same in that it's a quick release of serotonin. Your body will crave more the more you eat. There is a lot of science that goes into junk food, particularly processed foods where big companies hire food scientists to put the right amount of sugar, salt and fat to make it desirable.
i am glad you are making changed. eating sugary foods, beer it doesnt even make me happy anymore it doesnt give me that quick surge of seratonin anymore yet its so ingrained in me its all i eat. ive been changing my diet up eating vegtables, chicken and fat but good lord thats not helping either. been trying alot of natural remedies with no luck. im freeking out with derealization right now all day everyday when you feel in a dream state it makes u feel like life is not real and causes more anxiety.

B

brightyellow

It's really hard experiencing depression and anxiety. It's like they're taking over our lives. But then, just by that statement, I know it's easier said than done, you have to find the utmost motivation and determination to not let them control your life. You can win this.