• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

struggling at uni

worrymuffin

worrymuffin

I have 2 assignments due on tuesday.... i have sort of written.a draft for one, and trying to do the other. I hate studying. I get myself worked up into such a state, and i just thnk I'm stupid and can't do any of it. I emailed my tutor earlier to ask for an extension. Well first i asked if i could substitute one assignment, but she said no. She told me to have the extension and just submit something relevant, as some marks are better than no marks.
She was really nice, and asked what i was having trouble with. I told her that I'm struggling and want to quit and just don't enjoy it anymore. I basically had a mini break down and told her way more tjan i should have She's said i can have a tutorial tomorrow over the phone. I just feel like i should be able to do it... afyer all, everyone else can, and they don't get so stressed about it. I don't want to waste her time as she's so lovely and genuine.
I'm scared about next seeing her, as i don't want to make a big deal.out of it, especially in front of the rest of the class.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hey, i'm sorry you're struggling with things.
Please don't feel too embarrassed or bad about yourself.
I'm glad your tutor's reaction was supportive though and it sounds as though she really wants to help you.

It may seem like everybody is coping and having a wonderful time, but I bet there are other students struggling too.
Besides, not everybody starts out in life at an equal point. So don't be too distracted by the appearance of others and don't compare or judge yourself for where you're at.

The very fact that you're doing uni is brilliant, in my view. x

worrymuffin

worrymuffin

thanks.....