• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Struggling at night

H

Hopeful28

-**trigger warning** mentions of sexual assault

Hey everyone

I should be asleep but every time I close my eyes I see my ex it’s almost like he’s here with me. He raped me 5 times and I keep seeing flashes of the same things over and over I just wish I could get some sleep :( I’ve tried everything
Help

Z

Zoe1

hi Hopeful

I recommend the Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre for that

they've been really excellent

:grouphug: 🕯

N

Nina24

Hi Hopeful, know your not alone, with insomnia and intrusive memories in your head.
At the start of my illness I started meditation, just listening to calm music trying to sleep, it didn't work until one night I felt myself drift off, I was elated the next morning. It doesn't always work though but it slows my brain down and stops the rapid churning of thoughts.
Are you getting help?

H

Hopeful28

I’m getting therapy but not sure it’s working out I’ve got to a point now where even shopping is extremely hard as he frequents my area and although he doesn’t come near me he only has to look at me for me to have a breakdown I feel maybe I’m not doing enough for myself to combat this fear of him

N

Nina24

Urmmm, he attacked you!
A look is bad enough, I'm glad he doesn't approach you. I remember just smelling my rapist whilst I was in a shop, crippling!
Sounds like you need further help than the therapist alone. What sort of therapy are they giving you? Have you spoken to any advice lines?

H

Hopeful28

Uh the smell of them is even worse! I’ve had cbt didnt work now I’m just in normal face to face sessions of talking I haven’t tried any advice lines not sure how they operate and I’m not really someone who likes talking on phone not sure if there’s anything else I can do