Struggle to even get to date (Social Anxiety)

VibrantWaves

VibrantWaves

So i try messaging countless times but rarely get a response, even if i did most guys have so much natural chat. Where as my anxiety makes my conversation skills and the fact that i haven't really ever had much conversation with women. I just fall behind as its not a skill i get chance to build. If anyone on here is similar how did you meet your partner.

What i really mean is was it via another method, did real life somehow help as when i used to work i had women saying they liked me and i guess they actually got to know me, but online only once got past six or so messages and i realised it wasn't going to work as they lived on a island and i don't want to relocate and it just didn't work well.

I said at 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 etc as soon as i turn i will try and find someone, i worry now that i'm just going to be looking back years later and i don't know how similar attractive to my level guys do it, i don't know what try anymore as i take time with message and read profiles but online dating people don't really give much chance which is understandable. Any helpful ideas of any other ways i can meet people in a not too anxiety causing way, if you get me.

Stair221 Travelling, Diet, Veggie, intelligent, geek
My profile incase any tips. How did you guys do it, or are you in similar way?

L

Loulax14

I’ve recently spilt from my boyfriend of 3 years , we meet at school so it was easier but now I’m worried as I have social anxiety that I won’t be able to meet anyone else , now I’m in my twenty’s and the thought of it makes my anxiety go so much .

VibrantWaves

VibrantWaves

I’ve recently spilt from my boyfriend of 3 years , we meet at school so it was easier but now I’m worried as I have social anxiety that I won’t be able to meet anyone else , now I’m in my twenty’s and the thought of it makes my anxiety go so much .
Thanks for replying, yeah it was always easier back then I get that, I literally had a few people coming up asking me more than once but I had no confidence back then, then similar at work, interesting story I liked this polish woman and I didn't really talk to her to much but when I did it was great, but didn't talk much as anxiety but on the day it was announced it was my last day she came up to me at the end and gave me her number and said she really liked me which was awesome as i never knew and I didn't make much effort if you get me so thought it was a one way thing. I'm sorry that you split also, hope you are ok.

L

Loulax14

Yeah I’m not a confident person at all never thought anyone would find my attractive or anything so if I liked someone I wouldn’t tell them I’ve always been like that . I work in a school full of female staff so pretty hard to meet anyone lol . Thanks , I’m okay just hard but getting there slowly

Cpt_Stunning

Cpt_Stunning

It can be frustrating, I would say just don't try to hard, it can happen when you least expect it, I was out for a walk the other day & a strange woman came up to me & asked me to come to a party with her as she didn't have a date, & when I really try, nothing happens.

VibrantWaves

VibrantWaves

It can be frustrating, I would say just don't try to hard, it can happen when you least expect it, I was out for a walk the other day & a strange woman came up to me & asked me to come to a party with her as she didn't have a date, & when I really try, nothing happens.
Yeah that is strange that, that works so well, but i have found similar in past too. Law of attraction i guess, put yourself out there more and things happen, humbling that dating sites often aren't the best way and its often when not expecting or trying as we found. Thank you for reply.

J

just me Amy

I have anxiety really bad, i tried online dating to. i could chat on line, and they the guys chatted on phone i was very chatty. then met them on date and my anxiety was well bad the guys could see my anxiety, it got me down, its a struggle, but i still hope to find a man that takes me for me, best wishes