Strong feelings telling me to hurt myself

T

Trinka

My 18 year old daughter has recently been having strong feelings within her telling her to harm herself. She says that she doesn't hear voices but it's more of a really strong feeling in her head. It's worse at night when she tries to sleep. Someone has said that it could be oppression . She was recently in contact with her dad who is involved with occult practices. Or could it be a mental illness? Can anyone relate to this? Please help!

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I'd say first thing to do is have her visit the doctor, it could be mental illness or it could be physical health, i'm not sure :hug:

S

saynow

It is mental illness depending on how long it lasted
Early interventions make it easy to treat

P

PsychoPrince

A visit to a therapist or psychiatrist is a great first step. If you are worried about the occult/spiritual side of things I would be happy to pray for your daughter.

M

Miss Confused

I know this post is old. BUT if it is a strong feeling that is telling you, then that feeling is not coming from you. I would ask the feeling or entity to leave you alone and in the name of love. Trust that calling. If It is repeating within your mind, then I would go to a doctors and ask for their assistance. The one thing that NHS or society does not tell you is about the unseen world. It is real and they are not all as scary as it seems. You hear voices you are not crazy, you are intune with your senses which create and awareness of vibrations of other living things.
I would be aware that you would not naturally want to kill yourself so we have to look for outside sources first and rule those out.

T

Trinka

A visit to a therapist or psychiatrist is a great first step. If you are worried about the occult/spiritual side of things I would be happy to pray for your daughter.
How do you determine the difference ?

E

EstherRose94

Hi Trinka.

I’m a religious/ spiritual person, but I’m also a scientist by training. My advice for your daughter would be to see her doc and ask about referring her to a therapist. Ultimately, a mental health professional needs to be involved no matter what.

In addition, her journey to healing might include mindfulness and meditation techniques such as recognizing where this feeling comes from and how to address it. A therapist can teach her some of those strategies.

She might also eventually try a yoga class or find support in any number of spiritual or religious outlets, but I think that consulting a doctor should be the first step to make sure that she is receiving all of the resources she needs.

E

EstherRose94

In short, healing takes all sorts of methods, not strictly medical, but medical examinations should be used to decide what to do.

P

PsychoPrince

How do you determine the difference ?
Let me be clear, self ham is very serious so I do strongly suggest she see a therapist if not a psychiatrist, but I will share what I know.

Oppression is harder to spot than possession and usually marked by odd, fearful occurrences. Poetic nightmares and such. I was involved with a girl years ago when I was first introduced to Satanic/Occult practices. She was a self harmer who had been previously sexually abused, and she had a dream that Jezebel was possessing her and taking over her free will, but neither she nor I had ever heard of Jezebel at that point in our lives.

And oppressing spirit is usually angry because of acceptance of Jesus, who fights demons and wins without cease. Another reason oppressing spirits attack is simply because they hate humans and think us inferior and love to watch us destroy ourselves, so when they see a loving mother looking out for her daughter, they attempt to derail us on our paths to happiness and peace of mind, hoping to destroy us with suicide, gambling and drug addictions, and unsafe reckless sex. Just ask God when you get up in the morning (or really any time is cool) to burn any demonic spirits out of your lives like so "In the name of Jesus please remove all evil spirits from our hearts and home Father Lord." I will pray for you any time you ask openly or in a private message and will answer any spirituality related questions as best I can.

Do you go to church? A pastor would be able to explain this better than I could.

However again, I strongly recommend a secular approach also. Self harming is very serious and while God can indeed help you, a therapist can help shed light on small details you may have missed.

E

EstherRose94

Also I wanted to add that it’s really awesome your daughter trusts you to tell you this. You’ve definitely done something right

T

Trinka

Let me be clear, self ham is very serious so I do strongly suggest she see a therapist if not a psychiatrist, but I will share what I know.

Oppression is harder to spot than possession and usually marked by odd, fearful occurrences. Poetic nightmares and such. I was involved with a girl years ago when I was first introduced to Satanic/Occult practices. She was a self harmer who had been previously sexually abused, and she had a dream that Jezebel was possessing her and taking over her free will, but neither she nor I had ever heard of Jezebel at that point in our lives.

And oppressing spirit is usually angry because of acceptance of Jesus, who fights demons and wins without cease. Another reason oppressing spirits attack is simply because they hate humans and think us inferior and love to watch us destroy ourselves, so when they see a loving mother looking out for her daughter, they attempt to derail us on our paths to happiness and peace of mind, hoping to destroy us with suicide, gambling and drug addictions, and unsafe reckless sex. Just ask God when you get up in the morning (or really any time is cool) to burn any demonic spirits out of your lives like so "In the name of Jesus please remove all evil spirits from our hearts and home Father Lord." I will pray for you any time you ask openly or in a private message and will answer any spirituality related questions as best I can.

Do you go to church? A pastor would be able to explain this better than I could.

However again, I strongly recommend a secular approach also. Self harming is very serious and while God can indeed help you, a therapist can help shed light on small details you may have missed.
We asked our pastor to come over and pray and we explained the circumstances and he said he didn't believe that a Christian can be oppressed. So I started asking around about another church that believes in this and yesterday we went and the Pastor and others prayed that if there was any unclean spirit that has attached itself to my daughter to flee and not be allowed to return. She was ok for most of the day but later in the evening it started up again. We talked about it for about an hour discussing all the sources where this could have originated from and then she started feeling better. It seems to improve when her mind is occupied , talking to someone or watching T.V. anything that keeps her mind busy. She has accepted Jesus as her Savior and has never drank or taken drugs etc. But a few months ago we ran into her dad whom we hadn't seen for years. He had been involved with occultic practices all his life. Do you think it's possible he put a curse on her and if so why were the Pastor's prayers not effective? And yes I would like for you to pray for her . I would really appreciate that.

T

Trinka

Hi Trinka.

I’m a religious/ spiritual person, but I’m also a scientist by training. My advice for your daughter would be to see her doc and ask about referring her to a therapist. Ultimately, a mental health professional needs to be involved no matter what.

In addition, her journey to healing might include mindfulness and meditation techniques such as recognizing where this feeling comes from and how to address it. A therapist can teach her some of those strategies.

She might also eventually try a yoga class or find support in any number of spiritual or religious outlets, but I think that consulting a doctor should be the first step to make sure that she is receiving all of the resources she needs.

T

Trinka

She has an appointment with a psychiatrist this morning .We're trying all avenues. I will let you know the outcome.

E

EstherRose94

She has an appointment with a psychiatrist this morning .We're trying all avenues. I will let you know the outcome.
Awesome plan. I see a therapist and it’s been helpful. Keeping her mind busy is a great idea. I don’t think it’s likely that her dad cursed her but I think it’s totally likely that seeing him after a long time caused some confusing emotions to surface. I think that it’d be relevant to mention to the psych that dad was out of the picture and then recently saw your daughter.

Stress can make underlying mild depression or anxiety worsen and come to the surface. She can work through her feelings and learn how to manage them and come out stronger on the other side.

Keep letting her talk to you too, that will help her so much to have a calm and consistent source to listen to her.

P

PsychoPrince

We asked our pastor to come over and pray and we explained the circumstances and he said he didn't believe that a Christian can be oppressed. So I started asking around about another church that believes in this and yesterday we went and the Pastor and others prayed that if there was any unclean spirit that has attached itself to my daughter to flee and not be allowed to return. She was ok for most of the day but later in the evening it started up again. We talked about it for about an hour discussing all the sources where this could have originated from and then she started feeling better. It seems to improve when her mind is occupied , talking to someone or watching T.V. anything that keeps her mind busy. She has accepted Jesus as her Savior and has never drank or taken drugs etc. But a few months ago we ran into her dad whom we hadn't seen for years. He had been involved with occultic practices all his life. Do you think it's possible he put a curse on her and if so why were the Pastor's prayers not effective? And yes I would like for you to pray for her . I would really appreciate that.
There's more than one way to let the bad ones in, and certainly witchcraft doesn't help. Though remember, demons have minds of their own. Maybe the father's possessing spirits were angry about coming close to someone who could convince him to except Jesus.

Heavenly Father, I pray you bring your wrath and frustration against any and all evil that may be disturbing your daughters Trinka and her own daughter. Expel all demons from their residence, their places of business and leisure, and their flesh. See to it that the father of this daughter is brought away from evil practices at once, by any means necessary, and if it turns out she has a disability, heal her heart and mind of this terrible affliction. In the name of Jesus Christ let it be so.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Hearing Voices Forum 3