• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

stressed, 4 assignments due in, dyslexic and possible adhd

P

Pffft

Well its has been a while siince i last posted on here. I am currently going through a hard time at uni. I have 4 assignmetns (was 5 but that was done for yesterday and handed in). one is for the 24, another the 28th another the 1st and then the 11th. I am finding it really hard. I am dyslexic which makes things worse and i am getting assessed for ADHD. (haven't got my appointment yet) tbh i am so stressed and worried i feel like self harming. I am having a really hard time tbh. i don't want to sound negative but i feel like i am losing these deadline battles. its like its only a matter of time before i fail to meet them. I feel like self harming so much that its actually making me more tense :(

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
have you tried to get some extensions?

P

Pffft

I have had extentiosn in the past and not sure how my tutor will react tbh :\

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
i am sure they will be fine about it. all they can say is no so there is nothing to lose.

P

Pffft

Yeah that is true (about extensions and having nothing to lose) but i find it hard to open up. they don't realise i am this stressed and I just feel like a constant let down and like the thick one of the group. the first 2 are 1500 and the 3rd is 2000 and the fourth is 2 parts.. 2 x 2000. I find it hard to concentrate so 4 hours is a big ask! i also start a new job on Monday so that isn't helpful.. although the money will be. And usually i just ride it out so to speak. but its horrible... and thank you Nikita :) xx

P

Pffft

Just remembered you asked about counseling. I did/ have been to see a counselor at uni as my Nana died but i have ran out of sessions. I had an appointment last week and completely forgot about it so ended up missing it

P

Pffft

Yeah i get 1-1 support ( The uni know about the dyslexia) but it's not with tutors that run my course so the support can sometimes be frustratingly pointless as they don't know it either. sorry for the short reply.. just feeling like i have too much to do with not enough time! :(