• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Stress & Pressure: Causing Memory & Attention Issues

S

SGen Emp

Hi,

Your thoughts... or input...?

I'm from Hampshire. I moved up north. Cheshire area. Area's ok as places go. I recently lost my job because I didn't get along with the middle man or supervisor If you will. Funny thing is I left a secure & stable but BS filled position to go to work there. When started. Having over 20+ years experience. I would just go off and do jobs as required and try to be as productive as possible. The supervisor didn't like this he actually preferred me to sit there and do nothing. And wanted to control every task I did. I was also not allowed to speak and was expected to stand there and go 'yes sir', 'no sir' and silently hang off his every command, passively. Of course me being me I speak openly and plainly. Apparently this conflicted with him. As challenging his authority if I tried to speak at all. Cant have anyone doing a better job than him. one of those companies precarious positions were being demoted is common. The covid-19 playing it's part too.

Anyway...

So stress & pressure there looking for a new job.

Where I currently live. Its hostile and unpleasant. There's a guy on benefits who's too lazy to work so falsely claims benefits instead, mentally ill, alcoholic, generally all round unpleasant. And is prone to pyscho fits etc. etc. Since moving there I've been targeted everyday by this guy. He seems to have nothing better to do with his life than fixate on mine. In one way or another. Abuse, threating behaviour, harassment. etc. I came home from work one time and this guy had been drinking while I was in work. When I got home he started angrily looking to start trouble. etc give you an idea. Rather than focusing on his own life he seems fixated on my life. Anger and hatred toward me, harassment, malevolent intent etc At the start I tried being nice. But there comes a point were you say no more abuse. I'm not putting up with any more crap. And wash your hands of that person. Not only this can't admit to everything he's done. etc. And tries to justify his actions. etc
Then got new neighbours that moved in next door. Angry drug associated guy next door....

So the home environment is not relaxing either...… elements

Funny I asked the estate agents before I moved there 'is everyone a working professional'. he said yes of course. To my horror when I moved in to discover all the people are on benefits and generally all round unpleasant.... But then that's estate agents for you.

I'm at home now. The spongers attention has been fixated on me within 5 mins of entering the building and that was over an hour ago... then the bad guy next door generally all round hostile and unpleasant too......

Cheers

Brownangel

Brownangel

Hi,

Your thoughts... or input...?

I'm from Hampshire. I moved up north. Cheshire area. Area's ok as places go. I recently lost my job because I didn't get along with the middle man or supervisor If you will. Funny thing is I left a secure & stable but BS filled position to go to work there. When started. Having over 20+ years experience. I would just go off and do jobs as required and try to be as productive as possible. The supervisor didn't like this he actually preferred me to sit there and do nothing. And wanted to control every task I did. I was also not allowed to speak and was expected to stand there and go 'yes sir', 'no sir' and silently hang off his every command, passively. Of course me being me I speak openly and plainly. Apparently this conflicted with him. As challenging his authority if I tried to speak at all. Cant have anyone doing a better job than him. one of those companies precarious positions were being demoted is common. The covid-19 playing it's part too.

Anyway...

So stress & pressure there looking for a new job.

Where I currently live. Its hostile and unpleasant. There's a guy on benefits who's too lazy to work so falsely claims benefits instead, mentally ill, alcoholic, generally all round unpleasant. And is prone to pyscho fits etc. etc. Since moving there I've been targeted everyday by this guy. He seems to have nothing better to do with his life than fixate on mine. In one way or another. Abuse, threating behaviour, harassment. etc. I came home from work one time and this guy had been drinking while I was in work. When I got home he started angrily looking to start trouble. etc give you an idea. Rather than focusing on his own life he seems fixated on my life. Anger and hatred toward me, harassment, malevolent intent etc At the start I tried being nice. But there comes a point were you say no more abuse. I'm not putting up with any more crap. And wash your hands of that person. Not only this can't admit to everything he's done. etc. And tries to justify his actions. etc
Then got new neighbours that moved in next door. Angry drug associated guy next door....

So the home environment is not relaxing either...… elements

Funny I asked the estate agents before I moved there 'is everyone a working professional'. he said yes of course. To my horror when I moved in to discover all the people are on benefits and generally all round unpleasant.... But then that's estate agents for you.

I'm at home now. The spongers attention has been fixated on me within 5 mins of entering the building and that was over an hour ago... then the bad guy next door generally all round hostile and unpleasant too......

Cheers
Hey, your situation does not sound great I am sorry you have to deal with that. Some people are just horrible and they can't deal with their own life so they take it out on others. We are all here to support you .

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I'm sorry too. I oddly ended up in a flat where all of my neighbours have a mental illness. I don't know if we were all lumped together for a reason or if it was a coincidence, but it isn't great. One of them seems very normal but the other two are nuts. Can i say that?

It is unnerving that every time i walk out of my door, one runs towards me to talk but the other runs away and slams her door. I think i prefer this to dealing with the drug dealers, loud music, heavy drinkers, that i was dreading.

There does seem to be a few other neighbours around that need treating carefully. It is stressful but i think even if you move, you might have worse problems to deal with. As long as you feel safe and can ignore people now safely, i hope you will be ok.

Work, it wasn't a good fit of a job. Your skills will be appreciated somewhere else i am sure. Sometimes we are better not changing jobs but staying in one place if we can progress and learn there. The grass isn't always greener. Some people have two part time jobs so they are not in one environment all the time.