• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Stress and Anxiety Coming Soon

M

Mav2126

Well its been 3 months on the job and my manager today has basically "set me free" and took off the training wheels today. I feel I am woefully unprepared to handle the stress, anxiety, and work that is going to be thrown my way. I feel confused and not able to keep up with all the work that is happening. I have thoughts of quitting before being told I am doing a bad job. I have been feeling down and out during the day and night. Its a slight sadness tinged with hopelessness. I don't know what to do. I can feel my underlying depression creeping up on me.

Zero One

Zero One

Well its been 3 months on the job and my manager today has basically "set me free" and took off the training wheels today. I feel I am woefully unprepared to handle the stress, anxiety, and work that is going to be thrown my way. I feel confused and not able to keep up with all the work that is happening. I have thoughts of quitting before being told I am doing a bad job. I have been feeling down and out during the day and night. Its a slight sadness tinged with hopelessness. I don't know what to do. I can feel my underlying depression creeping up on me.
Lorazepam helped me when I was feeling what you describe. Hydroxyzine was not enough. Sorry to hear that you are feeling this way and I hope you get better soon. My Dr. changed my antipsychotic too from geodon to abilify, then Abilify with Seroquel, them Seroquel with zyprexa, and now only seroquel.

Wishbone

Wishbone

I don't know how it works over your side of the pond but over here there's usually a three month probationary period, which means if you aren't up to scratch you likely will not get beyond that three month mark, but if you do, it suggests you are decent enough at least at performing your duties so your job is safe.
Internally you may be struggling with your own self doubts but externally it seems you are doing the job well enough, so see the positives!
I can't remember if it was you I suggested it to before but anyway, if you feel that there are certain parts of your job that you feel overwhelmed by and need some help with - an extra short break to get yourself together from time to time, or any other thing that would be considered a reasonable adjustment to your role - then approach your boss about it and get these things put in place so that you can feel a lot more at ease with things. The more at ease you feel, the less self doubts you will have, the better your overall mental health should be, right?