strangely calm / cbt

Sorry state

Sorry state

Hi, two separate questions. Would be interested in any experience or opinions.

I'm usually either feeling low or really low or really really low. The last week or so, however, has been very unlike me. I've had periods of absolute terrifying anxiety, other periods of feeling really depressed (moving slowly, not speaking to anyone, suicidal thoughts). Today I have felt strangely calm for brief periods. Is this pattern familiar to any one. I'm bracing myself for a suddy downward spiral.

Second question. I think I'm probably heading towards cbt. I've heard mixed experiences. Does it work? I want to think I'll be able to turn my life around and become a new person. Is this expecting too much?

SS

J

Jules5

Hi and Welcome to the Forum. I think we all have our ups and downs when I feel up I am always so thankful to God for a moment of peace. I am feeling pretty good right now. Just hate nite nite time scared I will not sleep.

CBT will do you a world of good I believe. I hope you fulfill your needs and all goes super great.

Hugs Jules

L

Lora

I suffer from feeling low and not wanting to communicate then really low and not getting out of bed. Then really really low and feel like I'm zombie like. My anxiety causes severe pain in the pit of my stomach and I can't sleep as it wakes me up so my eating habits then deteriorate. My anxiety also makes me feel isolated and very lonely to the point of hopelessness. Family and friends have no idea of the depths of how I feel.

Sorry state

Sorry state

Was still unusually calm last night and slept well - even made a list of things I need to do today. When I got up I felt really energised and eager to get going on my to do list. I've now run out of energy before I've even started. Feel like there is no point and it makes no difference if I do lots or nothing. After a fairly good day yesterday I feel I'm going to crash and burn today. Hope I can muster the energy to avoid it.

Sorry state

Sorry state

Fighting to stop myself slipping into anxiety and trying to stay positive. Trying to turn panic energy into productive energy. Don't know why but craving stimulation - I want really bright light. I've got the radio and TV on. Wandering what this means.